Topic: "My Daughter's Lullaby"

This is just a little good night song for my daughter who’s sleeps far away from home.

My Daughter’s Lullaby By Jeff Gilpin

July 13th, 2008

Verse 1

To[C]night when you go to sleep my [G]baby

I want you to think what you mean to [C]me

The world today could not get more [G]crazy

But because of you it makes sense you [C]see

[Am]You bring beauty where it’s [Em]missing

[Am]Shine where only darkness can be [Em]found [G]

So to[C]night as you fall asleep my [G]baby

Remember I love you as you sleep [C]sound

Verse 2

instrumental

X------0-----3-----5-----7----8----7---3—1—0----10—10—10—10---8----0----1---5---3---0-----3--

X---------------------------------------------------3------------------------3------------------------------

X------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X------0-----3----5-----7----8-----7---3—1—0----10—10—10—10---8----0----1---5---3-----------

X---------------------------------------------------3------------------------3-------------------1--------

X----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back to vocal

[Am]Keep the world filled with [Em]beauty

[Am]Keep the smile of wonder on my [Em]face [G]

Be [C]safe and remember it’s your [G]duty

To keep the world we live in filled with [C]grace

So good [Am]night

Sleep [Em]tight [G]

Good [C]night

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "My Daughter's Lullaby"

Hi Jeff,

Well I think that is the first time I have seen the tabs of an instrumental included for a song in this section, well done.

Lovely song for your daughter, I thought it played very well (although I was a bit messy with the instrumental - I need more practise) and the lyrics are beautiful. I hope you are going to record it for her then we might get a chance to hear it too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nicely done Jeff. smile Are you going to post it at myspace?

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Roger - I thought I'd try something new and the tabs help people reading it to know how the lyrics sound too, at least in the first part of the verse. I kept it simple as this was first time with tabs. Thanks - I will record it but need to work on the tabs as I'm a little sloppy with them too and kind of why I wrote it like this. At least  it gives me something I can practice on.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey KAP - I believe so eventually. I really need to get some new music up there.

J  E  T  S

Beautiful Jets,

She is a beauty like your wife, Great golf Stance also! Loved all the pictures by the way.

Please will you send the wee doggy my way! Gorgeous!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Lena - I would if I could but alas she, my dog not my daughter, is too attached to me. Yeah, I miss my daughter a bit even though she has be back for a visit fairly often. I'm a typical father I guess, smitten by his little girl.

J  E  T  S

well done jeff nice words with feeling.keep em coming

Thank you William - I surely will.

J  E  T  S

Hi Jeff - this one is so lovely and bittersweet - I also would love to hear you do this one.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hey James, I will get on it this weekend. Thanks

J  E  T  S

jets,
superb song. superb lyircs, and the way I played it it sounds great too.
But I want to hear the way it is meant to be played.
I might knick this song and sing it to my daughter

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Ken - Thanks - You have my permission and I plan on recording it tomorrow so I will gett it posted as well. I'm not very good at the tabed portion yet so I know it will take me forever to get down.

J  E  T  S

Great Melody Jets,

Just listened to the recorded version.   Thank You,

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Lena - Thanks...not ready with the tabs though so I left them off.

J  E  T  S

Hello Jets. Nice to see a lullaby. I wrote one for my kids as well. Where can I hear it?
I checked your Myspace but it did not have it on it.

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

absolutely amazing! very nice.

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

Thanks you two - I have it loaded on the Friends of Chordie Myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie

Hope you like it.

J  E  T  S

I just listened to it. Thanks for the link. I am sure she falls asleep with a smile more often than not. Kids are awesome!!!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

Jeff that is a genuine lullaby all right and I think your daughter knows how much she's loved each time you sing it to her very nice and well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I can see the smile on your daughters face as she goes to sleep knowing how much she is loved.

Kudos to you Sir smile

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks very much you guys. You know how it goes with fathers and daughters; she stole my heart the day she was born.

J  E  T  S

that's just beautiful jeff

i can say no more

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you, Phill.

J  E  T  S