Topic: Help! What Korg?

I was reading one of the topics' last week it was posted by "gitaardocphil," he seemed to be a bit down at the time due to his health.  Anyway he said he could only play for thirty minutes or so, and he only played for himself; then he said that's when he used his KORG ? I forget the exact name but something about drums or some kind of backing machine. And of course I could not find the Topic again  I wonder if Doc; that's what lots of members call him so I hope he does not mind me calling him that.
I fly out to America on Tuesday for three weeks, and if I knew what this Korg thing was if it was any good I could problay buy it in the USofA a lot cheeper than here in Belfast, in one ot the Three Music shops we have for a city the size of Belfast it is quite big.
Well if anyone can help, even Doc himself I would be greatful; but Monday Night is the deadline.

Luck to all. !!!

Re: Help! What Korg?

Hi Headcase,
Korg makes the Tone Works line of modeling processors. Several models to choose from including USB enabled Pandora units.  It allows a significant amount of effects available to the guitarist (or Bassist) and includes a module with around 100 percussion presets.  Seems tho me that there was a review of the Korg line in Musician's Friend catalog awhile back that you might be able to link to on their site, or you can likely find a retailer via the Korg website.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Headcase, The unit you want is the Korg PX5D.An amazing unit and I'm glad Doc turned me on to it.Two AA batteries for portable.Maybe 8-10 hrs playing time.Adapter not included...It is a must,don't know what adapter costs as I had a friend that had one. Make sure you get the right adapter.
Price range for PX5D in Canada.......$250-$300
Enjoy   I know I am smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I have the KORG PANDORA PXR4.

Great wee thing but not had time lately to do much.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending