1 (edited by arkady 2008-07-23 22:04:31)

Topic: New instrumentals....

Hi all
I've got a couple new instrumentals on myspace page.
I've been messing around with some new software trying to improve my recording and presentation of my songs...
"Lunar Spirits" has guitars but not lead by one so.......( The abrupt ending is down to the software)
"High Tide" is guitar based heavy on the effects.
If you feel like a change from the normal acoustic pieces here have a listen...

http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady

Anyway Thanks as always for taking the time Reading/Listening
Ark

Re: New instrumentals....

Hi Ark,

Good work as usual, I particulaly liked "Lunar Spirits" even without a guitar lead. I like your new look MySpace too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Wow smile Thats really nice Ark. Have you thought about putting them on at OurStage in the instrumental section?
Well Done on both pieces.

Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Arkady, this is lovely music.  Your creative wings have really spread.  Man, keep playing with your software - it has obviously stimulated your creativity.  Your new direction is great.

Your instrumentals remind me of the music of Oregon and the Paul Winter Consort.  The oboe-like melody line on 'Lunar Spirits' is wonderful.

Couldn't find any good stuff by the Paul Winter Consort on YouTube, but here is a lovely arrangement of "Icarus" for 3 guitars.  Ralph Towner (on 12-string here) was a member of both Oregon and the Paul Winter Consort.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38k2W5UFyjM
Here is a fabulous live performance of "1000 Kilometers" by Oregon featuring some dandy English Horn and a dandy double bass solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcnunCY3pY

James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Roger
Thanks for thumbs up for Lunar Spirits it took alot to leave the guitar in the corner for the lead.. smile

James
I have using Audacity and its great free software. But I took the plunge and bought some more complex recording stuff and I have been bogged down with all the gizmos etc and I'm still not sure if done right thing.
Anyway I shall keep going with it I guess it will become easier in time.
Thanks for the links will check them out.

Ark

KAP54 wrote:

Wow smile Thats really nice Ark. Have you thought about putting them on at OurStage in the instrumental section?
Well Done on both pieces.

Kenny smile

Hey Kenny
I did enter High tide this month in the channel "Techo and Ambient" and was lying a about halfway up the charts not brililant but not to shabby either.
Then suddenly get this email from ourstage saying it's been "pulled" from the channel and dumped into the "Instrumental" channel with the loss of all the votes so from being around 50th I'm now 607th.
The say "The Fans" commented that the song was not suitable for channel it was in so they moved it.
Maybe it was in the wrong channel but they took a pretty long time deciding it was and noway was I going to recoup my lost votes in the rest of the month. So I withdrew it from the charts feeling abit peeved with it all...
Saying all that I probally will enter them next month and see what happens. smile
Thanks for you comment.
Ark

hi ark,

i've just chucked my whale song in the bin, lunar spirits is top drawer, love the sounds, high tide is good too, yer dooin a fine job there laddy

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Sounds like you got a raw deal there Ark.Kinda bizarre they'd wait that long to pull it.I'd enter it next month for sure as it is a real nice piece. smile
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Phill
Whale song? Did yer get the hump with it then.... lol
Thanks for the comment mate always appreciated.

See your've been busy too "Broken doll" is real nice.
You should post a link to your songs here when there up on myspace.....
so we know. smile

Ark

Ark I just had a chance to listen to lunar spirits and watch the vid on your profile a very nice change of pace for you well done,sorry to hear about ourstage pulling  your song but I know you will do well in the next round and I wish you the best of luck. russ smile

arkady wrote:

Hey Phill
Whale song? Did yer get the hump with it then.... lol
Thanks for the comment mate always appreciated.

See your've been busy too "Broken doll" is real nice.
You should post a link to your songs here when there up on myspace.....
so we know. smile

Ark

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Russ
Thanks for the encouragement.
I guess the putting the song in the wrong channel was down to me. So yer live and learn smile
Ark

Hi Ark,

Love the new page. Lunar spirits is beautiful. Another one for my relaxation  CD. { You will send it ?}

Thanks in advance.

Also loved Old Town. I cant ever remember hearing this before!

Lovely stuff

Thank You!

Old doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Nice sound arkady

14 (edited by arkady 2008-08-05 17:44:43)

Old Doll wrote:

Hi Ark,

Love the new page. Lunar spirits is beautiful. Another one for my relaxation  CD. { You will send it ?}

Thanks in advance.

Also loved Old Town. I cant ever remember hearing this before!

Lovely stuff

Thank You!

Old doll.

Hi Lena
Nice to have you back on Chordie again.
Got some new stuff to play with (On the computer) and Luna Spirits is the first result.
Thought I do up the Myspace page to match the mood smile
Will send you the MP3 via yahoo..

Old Town is a new guitar piece for myspace and my first foray into Videoing myself playing.

Thanks for your comments as always
Ark

riddler wrote:

Nice sound arkady

Thanks for taking the time to listen and commenting.
Hope to hear some collabarated music from yourself soon. smile

Ark

Hello Arkady, I just listened to your songs and I actually think they all sound good but I have to say my favorite is Arthur. Good job. Smelly about Sound stage. I actually just found out about SoundStage a couple of days ago. I hope to be adding a tune at some point in the near future.
Good job!!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

stretch papa wrote:

Hello Arkady, I just listened to your songs and I actually think they all sound good but I have to say my favorite is Arthur. Good job. Smelly about Sound stage. I actually just found out about SoundStage a couple of days ago. I hope to be adding a tune at some point in the near future.
Good job!!

Hi Stretch
Well thanks for taking the time to listen...
Your liked Authur. That's one of the rare ones I sing on if you can call it that smile so Thanks mate

With Ourstage I've not really made my mind up about the judging of the songs is it fair I'm not sure.
I've entered another song this month and have got oppinions as to the correct channel to place it before I did. So fingers crossed.. It won't be booted out this time.

You say your going to be adding a tune..What sorta stuff do you do...

Ark

arkady wrote:
stretch papa wrote:

Good job!!

Hi Stretch
Well thanks for taking the time to listen...
Your liked Authur. That's one of the rare ones I sing on if you can call it that smile so Thanks mate

With Ourstage I've not really made my mind up about the judging of the songs is it fair I'm not sure.
I've entered another song this month and have got oppinions as to the correct channel to place it before I did. So fingers crossed.. It won't be booted out this time.

You say your going to be adding a tune..What sorta stuff do you do...

Ark

I tend to lean acoustic but I am a classic rock kinda guy. I just don't have classic rock talent. 8-)
Seriously, It just depends on the song. My stuff is usually bound to the instruments I have available. (Just a few)
But generally, I would say they are rock based. But what do I know. I only write 'em!! 8-)

Oh.....I might be posting that song tonight. I will keep you posted.

Hey shakeyjakey or is it aka as Stretch papa
I'm intrigued why the different id....
I've commented on your song in your other post so good luck mate.
Ark

Hey Arky,

HA!!!! I am interested too!!!!
I have no idea!!  I must have signed up on my work computer as ShakeyJakey and forgot.
I am a butthead. HAAA!!!!!! Still it makes me laugh!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"