Topic: haha, another TT

TT = Think Topic. I really think this is a good topic.
A lot of bands DO have a masterpiece. I call it "MILESTONES" in music. This topic is about "cult - albums" and you will find them in every style, from pop to heavy metal.
These albums are responsible for their influence and even who changed the music scene forever.
This isn't about the "best albums"but about their INFLUENCE, and from which you can say WITHOUT this album there wouldn't be ....these artists.
PLEASE ADD SOME MORE ALBUMS
1) THE BEATLES with "SERGEANT PEPPER"
2) THE WHO with "TOMMY"
3) MICHAEL JACKSON with "THRILLER"
4) ROBERT JOHNSON with the compilation "KING OF THE DELTA BLUES SINGERS". Here I QUOTE, without JOHNSON NO Muddy Waters, John Fogerty, Bob Dylan, Johnny Winter, Jimi Hendrix, The Yardbirds, Cream, Led Zeppelin, The Allman Brothers Band, The Rolling Stones, Paul Butterfield, The Band, Neil Young, Warren Zevon, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Robert Palmer, Jack White and Eric Clapton, who called Johnson "the most important blues musician who ever lived. THIS IS A REAL LONG LIST and I was so surprised that I posted a lot of musicians who claim that they owe almost everything thanks to Robert Johnson (strange fact: I know the man, but not his music)
5) BOB DYLAN with "BRINGING IT ALL BACK HOME" "HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED" without DYLAN ???
6) BEACH BOYS with "PET SOUNDS" no comment.
7) DAVID BOWIE with "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"
8) JIMI HENDRIX with "ARE YOU EXPERIENCED" without him NO SRV, Lenny Kravitz and a lot more
9) PINK FLOYD with "DARK SIDE OF THE MOON"
10) NIRVANA with "NEVERMIND"

Please complete this list, I forgot a few like "THE ROLLING STONES" "LED ZEPPELIN" "DEEP PURPLE" (with their album DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK) and what about "QUEEN".

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: haha, another TT

few i can think of

Rolling stones......... begggars banquet,,,,, let it bleed
ac dc......................highway to hell,,, back in black
guns n roses,...........appetite for destruction
pink floyd....piper at the gates of dawn    ( this influenced the beatles after they heard it)

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Led Zeppeln's  first album
Bruce Springsteen's  "Born to Run"
As for the Beatles  you can't forget about "Revolver" I feel this is their real breakthrough album.  This is when they focused on the Album as a whole, and not just on singles.

Doc,  I would highly recomend getting a copy of Robert Johnson's "King of the Delta Blues".  But if you are a Hardcore Blues fan like me, get a copy of Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings.

Van Halen's 1st album. 1st track Running with the Devil stopped everyone in their track and spawned a new era of playing (whether what came out was positive or negative is a topic for debate). That album blew most everyone away.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

very true indeed geo.
I dont know how I left that out my short list as this album is probably in my top three for debut albums from any band.
It is timeless! play it to someone that has no clue who van halen are and they would think it is new music for today.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

very true indeed geo.
I dont know how I left that out my short list as this album is probably in my top three for debut albums from any band.
It is timeless! play it to someone that has no clue who van halen are and they would think it is new music for today.

Ken

I agreed with all the albums on your list as well. I think the GnR record did a similar thing...Like them or hate them that album was influential

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello