Topic: British Open

9:25 am in Canada.....Norman the Shark vs Harrington just teed off.Who's it gonna be.

Big soft spot for both golfers as my man  Mike Weir isn't in the hunt.
Lots of wind,no rain, lots of bunkers and fesque(I think thats how to spell fesque).
Great course.
Could be a fun final smile

My money's on Norman.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: British Open

I think anyone but Norman. I've seen him collapse way too many times and to think he can compete with declining skills is too unlikely. It would be a cool story of he did but his Masters final day collapse is still in my head. And that was 10-15 years ago when his skills were much better. Sorry Kap I don't think he's got what it takes ( but a small part of me would love to see it)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Yup!!!He's folding already but it would have been a great story.He does have a lot of final round blues to his credit but a lot of them are due to an incredible shot made by his opponents.

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Norman & Harrington tied at +7 thru 10.

I didn't really like Norman when he was in his prime. I saw him go off on his caddy once about cleaning his ball, that and it never seemed he had the competitive fire of the greats. I think he was content making millions with top 5 finishes.

That said, I am pulling for him big time today. What a story. Zinger just said, if he wins he should hang up the clubs and never play competitive golf again.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I used to like playing golf, dont anymore though sad

I live 5 minte drive away from Loch Lomond course and I am glad that one is finished as the traffic down here was a bit too much.
Been to glen eagles a few times for lunch but never played on the fabulous course.

But I cannot watch golf on the tv. Only good thing about it is they have very good camera men that can seem to follow that wee white ball as it flies through the air at about 70 mph.
respect to the camera man!! lol

Oh yeah and I always want Monty to do well.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Congrats to all my friends on the Emerald Isle.Padrik makes a fine champion. smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

In or around 1998 I was playing at a sports bar in Ybor City (Tampa Florida) and a PGA event was goin' on somehere close by. I don't follow golf so I couldn't tell you where or what. This polite, blonde haired , bright blue-eyed man with a foreign(to me) accent approaced me on 3 different occasions  that night. Turns out it was indeed Greg Norman, the owner of the bar(Randy of Elmers Sports Bar)told me so.The Sharky one requested Beatles, Paul Simon, and Rolling Stones. After each request he handed me a $20 bill. Needless to say Greg Norman is my favourite golfist.

Give everything but up.

Gee I cant imagin why lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Great story SouthPaw  smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Whoo Hoo PadrĂ¡ig,

The first Irishman ever to win 2 majors! So proud of our Rathfarnham Dub!.
You got the finger out! lol

Heartiest Congratulations.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

What's Golf?

I'm the son of rage and love

Oh, yeah - Golf is the ruination of a good walk!

Winston Churchill said that, smart man that he his

cool

I'm the son of rage and love