Topic: California dreaming strum pattern?

Can someone give me a strum pattern that would make this song easily recognizable?
Thanks in advance!

Re: California dreaming strum pattern?

I've been playing about a year so I'm no expert but I will say the best way to learn a strum pattern for any song is to listen to the song over and over then play along with it. Over time it becomes just a feeling. If that makes any sense.

DDUDUDU DDUDUDU TO INFINITY

"Growing old is not for sissies"

So...if I strum this counting 1 2& 3& 4& it should sound like the song?

START with "all the leaves are" and the pattern and if you want to on "such a winters day" you can strum all down for effect or on the ending of any of the chorusus for that matter smile

i agree with paul466 it's just a feeling for the song,don't they say to play guitar well you must be in tune and have timeing,the later being a natural response,i personally think to myself does this sound and feel  right if not try again,it's tough i know, i've only switched to acoustic since christmas have found it very difficult compared to electric(you can't cheat).

i wish i could play like jimi hendrix

The pattern I gave  is the pattern used I have strummed this song since it first came out I was and still am a M&P's fan and I watched john phillips on tv

8 (edited by evsynator 2008-07-06 22:00:24)

it all depends on whether you are trying to exactly copy the song ... in that case play the cd over and over again , or do it your way . you are allowed to try a different version. though bear in mind that the original is usualy the way it was meant at the time ... no easy answers .... have fun .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Russell is right on,listen to the song and then put the pattern to use.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P