1 (edited by sf7 2008-07-05 12:49:15)

Topic: Walls

This is new for me -love to know what people think?

WALLSBy Scott Fahey

Medium Tempo               

[G]Just a victim for your [Bm]love, [Am7]a [C]soldier in this [G]war,

[G]but as I fight the [Bm]battle, [Am7]forgetting what I’m [C]fighting [G] for.

[G]So don’t hold my[Bm]hand, [Am7]not if you [C]want me to let [G]go,

[G]cause I’m building[Bm]walls around you, [Am7]so no one [C]ever has to [G] know.

[G]The silence of your [Bm]love, [Am7]can make [C]the levy [G]break,

[G]you ask me to take a [Bm]risk, [Am7]so it’s a [C]risk I [G]take.

[G]But as the feeling grows and [Bm]grows, [Am7]and the [C]truth becomes a [G]lie,

[G]time stops when your by [Bm]my side, [Am7]but your still [C]asking [G]why.

[G]cause I’m building[Bm]walls around you, [Am7]so no one [C]ever has to [G] know.

[G]As the wind gets[Bm]colder, [Am7]we both [C]lay [G]entwined,

[G]your kiss it lingers on my [Bm]lips, [Am7]like this [C]cheap red[G]wine.

[G]The colour of this [Bm]winter sky, [Am7]now pale [C]at your [G]touch,

[G]sometimes I need to [Bm]catch myself, [Am7]from wanting [C]you too [G]much.

[G]A secret love can [Bm]be [Am7]like a treasure [C]never [G]found,

[G]laying safe a [Bm]lifetime [Am7]hidden [C]under[G]ground,

[G]So I know [Bm]that’s where [Am7]our love [C]must [G]stay,

[G]but that’s a [Bm]song I can’t [Am7]dance to, [C]or even hear it[G]play.

[G]So I’m building you a [Bm]castle, [Am7]somewhere [C]on a [G]hill,

[G]where you can paint your [Bm]pictures, [Am7]I can [C]drink my[G]fill.

[G]But if I’m just [Bm]dreaming , [Am7]then baby [C]let me [G]go,

Re: Walls

hi sf7.

nice long song ,i wonder how it goes?
it's a similar theme to "once i had a secret love" as in you dont want anyone to know about your romance!
one question; do you play the chords as a kind of riff? you know play them one after the other with each vocal line over the top? or is there a beat and the chords shape the melody line? oops thats two isnt it?
never mind, great song, love the theme, and cant wait to hear it...any chance?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill

More along the beat of the chords setting up the melody - this is my first post so not sure how to record yet

any tips?

Scott

hi again,

as far as recording is concerned; i do mine on a digital recorder then down load onto an MP3 player then onto the computer then to chordie, sounds complicated, it cant be cos i can do it!

roger, i noticed suggested just getting a cheap mike and plugging in directly to you computer, as long as you've got a reasonably new machine you should have no problems as it eats up your ram, then your machine will freeze up, 2 gigs should be well good enough. dont over record and make sure you get a good balance with guitar and voice. then you will need to join myspace to upload your songs so we can all benefit from your talent. if you get stuck, just ask theres always plenty of help and advice here.
hope this is useful

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Welcome to Chordie sf7. Sorry I can't help you with any recording tips.Good first post.Your lyrics have a nice flow.Well Done smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi scott welcome to chordie ,this is a great first post lyrics flow well and the sounds ok ,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Scott and welcome to Chordie,

A fine first offering to the Forum, the lyrics are great and have a nice rhythm and flow. The chord sequence G Bm Am7 C G sounds good too.

If I may offer a suggestion, I felt that it could do with a chorus to give break and change of chords. However it is always difficult interpreting someone else's work from just the lyrics and chords so I may be wrong but this is one of the reasons that I, and others, try to persuade Members to record their songs. It does not matter if you are not the world greatest singer or player as long as others can hear the tempo, style and melody it is easier to assess the song. Sometimes what does not look good written down can sound fantastic interpreted the right way.

When recording is mentioned I always think of Alex (Scrimmy82) whose first recordings were done with just a £5.99 microphone from a supermarket but it was good enough to convey what was needed.

I look forward to seeing, and hearing, more from you, thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by Old Doll 2008-07-06 18:45:24)

Lovely song Sir!

It speaks of  a illicit love affair  to me laced with fear!.

Very well written.

Old Doll.

Ps. What a wonderful Galwegian surname you have. Irish roots a plenty there! and with the E !.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !