Topic: Basic guitar playing method...

Like many on here, I struggle with strumming patterns. I seem to use the DDUUD more than anything (like many others here) but...with sooooo many songs using the same chords, they all sound the same. There are exceptions where a song has a unique strumming pattern and it's easily recognizable. But, for those that don't, is it the riff or a riff at the beginning of the song that lets everyone know whats being played
( I warned you this was a basic question) and where is a good place to find simple easy riffs for songs? Thanks!

Re: Basic guitar playing method...

Hey Blue63 I tend to just make up the pattern as i play the song. like going over the song with different patterns like seeing if it would sound better palm muted or the such
hope this helps

I dont know if this will help but chordie has a theory section and you may find an answer there smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm not the greatest strummer.  I just try to strum to match my singing.  It seems to work.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.