1 (edited by KAP54 2008-06-28 15:20:35)

Topic: Faded Dreams

I hope I'm not going overboard by posting this much, but the more I post, the stronger the passion for songwriting is re-emerging.
  Any ways this song is about reflecting on how music affected me in my teens and early twenties and the feelings I have now looking back when I was in my prime and how now...I'm not.    LOL

Faded Dreamsby KAP54

[G]I remember a time that was not long [C] [G]ago,when I would listen to songs on the radio.[Am7]

And as i'd [Am7]listen[Am]...my thoughts would glis[Am7]ten

[C]Listening to the golden [D]melodies...golden [G]memories

[D7]I remember how the [G]songs were sung with feelings true,[C]and [G]it seemed the songs were sung for you.

And the[Am7]...the harmonizing [Am]was so hypnotizing

[C]But now those days are gone they've [D]turned it seems,into [G]Faded Dreams[C] [G]

Chorus

[G]Faded dreams they come and take me [C]away.[G] [C]

[Am7]Down foggy streets down foggy [Am]lanes.

[C]Like fog rolling out to a [D]misty steam

Now theres only [G]Faded Dreams[C] [G]

[G]When I was young and my goals seemed far out of [C] [G]site,I would listen to songs in the [C]cold [G]of the [Am7]nite.

[Am7]The songs were soothing[Am]...so removing.[Am7]

[C]Moving all my lonely [D]thoughts and fears...all my [G]empty tears.

[D7]And I remember how they'd [G]build me up and make me strong

And [C]they,d[G] make me feel like I could do no wrong,But the...[Am7]the musics changing[Am],its rearranging[Am7]

[C]So now I sit back in my [D]faded jeans and listen to [G]Faded Dreams.[C] [G]

Chorus

[G]Faded Dreams they come and take me [C]away[G] [C]

[Am7]Down foggy streets down foggy [Am]lanes

[C]Like fog rolling out to a [D]misty stream

Now theres only [G]faded dreams.[C] [G]

Middle Eight

[G]Sometimes [B7]in my mind [C]I go back to [G]yesterdays time.

[C]I know it is a time I'll never see no [D]more.

To [G]look back on that time makes [B7]me feel good

Oh [C]Lordy I know I [G]know it should cause its the [C]time in my life I [D]dreamed my Faded [G]Dreams

Chorus             

[G]Faded Dreams they come and take me [C]away[G] [C]

[Am7]Down foggy streets down foggy [Am]lanes.

[C]Like fog rolling out to a [D]misty steam.

Now theres only [G]Faded Dreams.[C] [G]

[C]Like a river flowing out to an [D]empty stream.

Now theres only [G]Faded Dreams[C] [G]

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Faded Dreams

Hi,
Yes i do believe we all do this. " If Only" But we all are where we supposed to be
at this stage in life. I do believe this.
My own life has taken so many twists and turns, sure theres no way id have planned
it. But Fate and Faith keep me going. and the biggie! My great love of music and reading. Plus tons more.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi kap54 your on a roll,this bring loads of memories ,yesteryears music tells a story and you can relate to it,nowadays its boom boom boomand they call that music,its just a noise to give you a instant headache,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks again daddycool and helena
Theres no bout-a-doubt it,the music of 60's-70's and maybe 80's always was and always will be #1 with me.Geez-a-lou...Did I joust date myself? LOL I don't know if its me or not but the music today
just seems to be missing something. There's a few good bands out there today...but it's not like it used ta was.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

That's some talent you've got there, such meaningful lyrics, I'd give anything to be able to write like that.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

KAP54,
There are still some bands that believe that lyrics mean something! Bands like Oasis, and a few
others. I've always believed that for music to be effective, you have to be able to hear everything
in the song, including lyrics. What good is a song if you can't understand the lyrics!!! Unless it's
music only, like Joe Satriani, who by the way is an excellent musician!!
                                                                                                   getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

7 (edited by KAP54 2008-06-24 20:03:09)

Thank You Kindly Bluesky and getfiddle.Lyrics for me are huge as I get to convey what I can't seem to say.
As for talent...I don't know but I'll bet my last paycheck Goodbyebluesky that you have it in you if you don't force it.Writing from the heart is easy if you know where to look.
Thank You and muchly appreciated.:)
KAP54

Keep on Pluckin

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)