Topic: Songwriting software??

I love the way chordpro formats my songs on chordie. But, since we can't save our original works here, what can I use to save my songs on my hard drive for printing, emailing, etc.?

2 (edited by getfiddle 2008-06-19 17:08:27)

Re: Songwriting software??

You can write it in word, Then "save as". Save under song name. Actually I don't use chord pro.
I create in word, then copy and paste to chordie. That being said, there is a program called
open office that I just downloaded for free. You can get it from openoffice.org for free. I think
its better than microsoft office, and it does work with microsoft office.
                                                                                               getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

you will need a scanner or you can request someone you know to print out the song, scan it into there files and email you the file I can do this for you just select the song you want or another way is to take a screen shot of the whole page and paste it into your word program or word processor 1.locate the song on chordie 2.click "print screen" on your keyboard 3. open your word program (on windows or vista) or your word processor click "file on the upper left and "new" a blank page will appear then RIGHT click and select "paste" and the whole song will magically appear on the page smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

4 (edited by arkady 2008-06-19 17:32:08)

Here's a work around but it's outside chordie's website smile
1 Go to http://webchord.sourceforge.net/index.html and format your song to Chorpro there
2 Copy the formatted song.
3 Paste your song to windows note pad (Not word or word pad It places boxes around them)
You may need to edit them slightly
4 save note pad file to hard drive.
Don't copy from chordpro fomatted songs from Chordie as they don't display correctly.
Ark

thanks guys!