Topic: Any Coheed fans?

I was wondering if there were any other fans of the Progressive Rock band "Coheed and Cambria". I am a HUGE fan, a band mate of mine introduced me to them almost a year ago, and in that time, I have learned about 10 of their songs by heart, a great deal of my lead playing style is influenced by their lead guitarist Travis Stever, and my vocal style is heavily influenced by their lead singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez. I can sing in the high falsetto register he uses, but I prefer to sing a bit lower for comfort reasons. I also love the fact that they have one story concept behind all of their albums.

I was wondering if anyone else on Chordie enjoyed listening to/playing Coheed and Cambria? If so, what are your favorite songs?

PS, My first concert was actually going to the Vans Warped Tour to see Coheed and Cambria in Cleveland

Re: Any Coheed fans?

Siege of Troy wrote:

I was wondering if there were any other fans of the Progressive Rock band "Coheed and Cambria". I am a HUGE fan, a band mate of mine introduced me to them almost a year ago, and in that time, I have learned about 10 of their songs by heart, a great deal of my lead playing style is influenced by their lead guitarist Travis Stever, and my vocal style is heavily influenced by their lead singer/guitarist Claudio Sanchez. I can sing in the high falsetto register he uses, but I prefer to sing a bit lower for comfort reasons. I also love the fact that they have one story concept behind all of their albums.

I was wondering if anyone else on Chordie enjoyed listening to/playing Coheed and Cambria? If so, what are your favorite songs?

PS, My first concert was actually going to the Vans Warped Tour to see Coheed and Cambria in Cleveland

I love coheed, theyre by far one of my fav bands. I hate it when people call them emo. Their guitarists blow me away with their genius licks in pretty much every song. Right now my fav songs are :welcome home, the final cut, gravemarkers and gunslingers, and in keeping secrets of the silent earth 3.

i went to see them at the kerrang tour
i really went to see Madina Lake but i was blown away by coheed
they are so good
and to think i was complaining about madina lake not headlining!!

I like cheese:P
               And Paramore:cool:
               And my guitar:D

4 (edited by greenshoelaces 2008-06-17 02:47:21)

coheed and cambria is one of my favorite bands...their third album(under the name co&ca), Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV. Volume One : From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, is not their best collection of songs but most of their other stuff is great especially from earlier albums like the second stage turbine blade...(i am quite aware that this is a run-on sentence, and i will make no attempt to revise it)

anyhow..im not sure exactly what about this band i like, i just enjoy listening to their music..

...i will also randomly recommend killing avarice

"WOE TO DA TOFU COW!"