1 (edited by daddycool 2008-06-08 21:39:32)

Topic: t:title"sing for england" """100TH"""

this is the biggest achievement in my life,to say i only wrote TWO SONGS before joining chordie i've got a lot to thank chordie members for"THANKS"stay cool forever.

CHORUS
[A]WE'LL[D] SING THIS SONG FOR[A] ENGLAND,
WE'LL[D] FLY THE FLAG ON[A] HIGH,
WE'RE[D] GOING TO EURO-[A]VISION,
TO[E] BRING THE TITLE [A]HOME.

1/[A]FUN AND LAUGHTER[D] IS THE KEY,
TO[A] GET IN WITH A[D] CHANCE,
A[A] JOLLY BOUNY [D]SONG,
IS [E]WHAT WE NEED TO[A] WIN,

CHORUS
[A]WE'LL[D] SING THIS  SONG FOR[A] ENGLAND,
WE'LL[D] FLY THE FLAG ON [A]HIGH,
TO[E] BRING THE TITLE[A] HOME.

2/[A]RING THOSE BELL'S IN[D] LONDON,
WE'LL [A]CELEBRATE TILL[D] DAWN,
WE'RE [A]SINGING FOR OUR[D] COUNTRY,
AND [E]FLYING THE UNION[A] JACK.

CHORUS
[A]WE'LL [D]SING THIS  SONG FOR[A] ENGLAND,
WE'LL [D]FLY THE FLAG ON[A] HIGH,
TO [E]BRING THE TITLE[A] HOME.

3/[A]WE'RE SINGING OUR [D]HEARTS OUT,
WE'RE[A] CREATING OUR[D] CAREER,
TO [A]WIN THIS [D]CONTEST,
WE'LL]E] BE IN THE HIT[A] PARADE.

CHORUS
[A]WE'LL [D]SING THE SONG FOR[A] ENGLAND,
WE'LL[D] FLY THE FLAG ON[A] HIGH,
TO[D] BRING THE[E] TITLE[A] HOME.

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: t:title"sing for england" """100TH"""

Put together well , well done

just two bits of critisism from me on it and that is you have "carry the union jack"
The union jack is only flown at sea, when it is not at sea it is called the uniion flag or flag of the union.
Also The union flag is British not englaish, you are after all singing about england.

I like your other songs better,lol.

I was alsways told as a boy " if ye have nothing good to say then keep quiet"
Really good advice and I should listen to myself sometimes.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hi ken i always thought it was a british ensign flag at sea and the union jack at home,but if i'm wrong i stand corrected ,thanks for your comments...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

4 (edited by arkady 2008-06-07 07:57:32)

Hey daddycool
See you reached your 100th in a flurry of songs. Well done  big_smile as this is the a sorta centenary I hope you are going to record this one.
Any about England ok with me sometimes I think were in short supply on this forum big_smile
Ark

Hi Daddycool,
Holy god the powers that be sent a turkey from here for Eurovision.
Needless to say he got nowhere. We are good a lots of things but, turkeys should be stuffed and roasted not sent to singing competitions.

A link to the fowl singer here for you. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkWTseLkq0

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi ark glad you like it i was going to save this one but it made up the final 100th song,feeling quite chuffed with myself ,there'll be loads more to come,its like i'm on a roll,thanks for your comments...stay cool

hi helena there's ben some good entries from ireland ,its a pity we don't get better votes from the euro countries instead of voting for their neibours ,ah well they can't keep us at the bottom for ever,theres loads of hidden tallent out there waiting to be discovered ....stay cool

Congratulations on reaching your century Daddycool,

Ken's comments about the flag got me curious so, being nosey, I have done a little investigating. Wikipedia states:

"Whether to use "Union Flag" or "Union Jack" is a matter of debate. One view is that "Union Jack" should be used only for the flag when it is flown as a jack (a small flag flown at the bow of a ship), but it is not universally accepted that the "Jack" of "Union Jack" is a reference to such a jack flag and is only an educated guess............"

So I guess either Union Flag or Union Jack is OK.

Further it shows that the 'Ensign' (whether Red, Blue, White or Green) is the flag flown at the stern of a ship.

However the Union Flag/Jack is most certainly British and not English so I would claim poetic licence on that one Daddycool. lol

Nice song and it is good to promote a bit of discussion.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thanks roger its better to find these things  out ,i don't want to upset the neibours thanks...stay cool