Topic: Best make of guitar?

Hi,can anyone give me some advice on what acoustic guitar to buy for under £100. Are the Fender's any good or maybe Westfield? Can you buy a decent quality guitar for this sort of money? Thanks.

Re: Best make of guitar?

Hello Wabby and welcome to Chordie,

Which guitar is best is a very emotive question as, at the end of the day, it is all down to opinion.

With your budget limit I would go round the local stores and try the ones in your price range not forgetting to ask if there are any used one to look at. Hopefully you will find one that feels good in your hands and sounds right to your ears. After all you will be the one playing it so your opinion is the that matters.

Good hunting,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger's right...look for used. You'll get much more for your money. I've haven't found anything at $100 that played well. Pawn shops and small independent music shops are your best bet if you're in the states

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Wabby, with Fender's you're partly paying for the name so avoid their bargain offerings. Same applies to Taylor, Martin and Gibson. Look out for names like Tanglewood and BlueRidge, which represent alot of value.

Get along to a shop and give them a play. Don't be tempted out your price range but do listen and pick what sounds sweet to you. Not what a friend/store assistant/magazine/online forum says you should buy. Trust your ears and hands.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Thanks for the replies guys.The advice is much appreciated.

6 (edited by Binman73 2008-06-11 22:36:48)

I've been playin for over 20 years and just picked up a British made Guvnor guitar. The quality is good and it sounds better than some expensive guitars i've owned. it cost £70 new but as the other posters have said a guitar is a personal thing and its upto the individual. hope this helps

lol I spelled quality wrong