Topic: drop c

can i do this on my electric????and how???
do i need thick strings?

Re: drop c

I'm not really sure about a "drop C"...  A dropped D would be standard tuning and then "drop" or tune the E string to a D...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Drop C is usually Drop D but with all strings tuned down another tone afterwards. You normally need heavier strings to play it properly, but it is possible with regular gauge ones.

i think drop c is instead of EADGBE it goes to CGCFAD im about 90% sure on that. if u drop it down like that and you want a song to play i only no 1 its a three days grace song if u like them, its called overatedif u want the tabs u can find them on this web site but there are different ways to play it so be sure to get the right way in drop c. by the way there is also a drop b

From what I understand, with drop C you can play one finger power chords---the problem being if you get used to playing drop C you're not becoming a very good guitar player.

25Frankster wrote:

From what I understand, with drop C you can play one finger power chords---the problem being if you get used to playing drop C you're not becoming a very good guitar player.

Too true!!
Drop-D almost ended  me.

=[
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

look it up on google....... i don't no and ive been playin 4 a while and i mean a while

Montana W. wrote:

i think drop c is instead of EADGBE it goes to CGCFAD im about 90% sure on that. if u drop it down like that and you want a song to play i only no 1 its a three days grace song if u like them, its called overatedif u want the tabs u can find them on this web site but there are different ways to play it so be sure to get the right way in drop c. by the way there is also a drop b

I know it's probably not the correct term, but I play in what I call "b standard" tuning (BEADFB). I use D'Addario Jazz Medium Strings (.13-.052 I think), they get the job done fairly well. Lower tunings can be accomplished on normal light and ultra light gauge strings, but a lot of setup is required to do so, especially if you use a floating tremolo system...

Also, I submit a little chart my guitar teacher gave me, that I keep taped to the back of my tuner to help me when I need to drop tunings on the fly: it's crude, but works very well, my guitar teacher made me memorize it as an exercise.

Here it be, it's a nice gigging/recording tool...

FBEACF
EADGBE Standard tuning
DGCFAD
CFBEGC
BEADFB
ADGCEA