Re: Songs that make you want to turn up the volume

Let's see.

Tyrants - Immortal (can't get this one loud enough)
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria (my band was asked to turn our amps way down when we opened a gig with this song, :-o)
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 - Coheed and Cambria
Highway Star - Deep Purple
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Nemesis - Arch Enemy
Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Die for Metal - Manowar
Trollhammaren - Finntroll
Any and all Guns N Roses or Motley Crue songs

There's many more, but then the list would just drag on.

hi zurf i turn up all ELVIS,ROY ORBISON, BEATLES,SHOWADDYWADDY,BEACH BOYS,ANY 60S,70S,thats my era....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I think all my music gets played loud but off top of my head:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free bird
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot/Afterlife
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher/Eruption
Foo Fighters - DOA/Learn to Fly
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Trivium - the Crusade, Anthem(We are the Fire)
Atreyu - Blow
Queen - We Will Rock you, Bohemian Rhapsody
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills, The Trooper
Clapton - Layla
Guns n Roses - Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle
Metallica - Sad but true, Seek and Destroy

Loads more too to be honest but thats just the ones on my mobile phone's SD cards lol

Leaving Trunk Taj Mahal (incredible harp)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Great thread Zurf and thanks for resurrecting it captainbinky (and welcome to Chordie!).

Does anybody remember the band Triumph? Man, I remember my first car - a '74 Olds Cutlass Supreme - Cost me $900 and then I spent $600 on the stereo. I used to blast some Triumph from that thing. It sounded good from blocks away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_350v-Gi3M

Oh yea - in addition to others posted on this thread, I also crank up anything by Thin Lizzy, just got to.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Elo - Living Thing
Bowie - any song
Van Halen - Hot for teacher
Metallica - Enter Sandman and One
Any SOAD
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
It really depends on your mood at the time......

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

32 (edited by Skip247 2008-05-27 11:14:28)

Definitely, 'Gimme Shelter' (Rolling Stones)!

Also,

Jimi Hendrix: 'Voodoo Chile'.
Rolling Stones: 'Honky Tonk Women'.
Queen: 'We will Rock You',

Are among many that blasts the old 'cobwebs' away.

I play everything on ten. The joys of tube power...

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

maybe im weird but myself its green grass and high tides by the outlaws

<---Isaac---{{{

35 (edited by Zurf 2008-05-28 01:20:11)

isaacmcdonald2012 wrote:

maybe im weird but myself its green grass and high tides by the outlaws

You may be wierd, but if you are it isn't because you like to blast "Green Grass and High Tides."  That is definitely blastable.

Funny story with that song, or at least The Outlaws.  My brother-in-law Wild Bill and I were kayaking and fishing on a large river near my home.  As we were approaching the beach on an island that we intended to land and then wade from, we noticed that someone had already beaten us to the spot.  There was a tent set up, and music playing from a boom box.  As we got closer, we noticed that there was a very skinny, naked, not terribly hygienic looking man sitting in a lawn chair on the beach.  I don't mean to imply that he was filthy, but it did look like he had been camping a couple days and without benefit of a shower wasn't as fresh as he could have otherwise been.  He was cleaning a handgun.  He had a close eye on Wild Bill and I, but we figured that it's a public river.  It was hot.  There was a large pool to fish.  We could see fish in the pool.  We inclined ourselves to fish the pool, naked dirty man with gun or no naked dirty man with gun.  We did incline ourselves to fish from our kayaks directly rather than landing on the beach.  Well, that naked dirty man with a gun didn't wave when we waved at him.  He just glared at us.  And he kept glaring at us while we fished.  He wasn't aiming anything at us, which relieved us greatly, and so we kept fishing and he kept glaring.  The music ran out, so he set aside the gun for a moment and put in a new CD.  The Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides!  Well, Wild Bill is a big Outlaws fan so he yells over to the naked dirty man with a gun, "Hey Beau!" (Wild Bill calls everyone Beau) "Crank it up!"   Well, naked dirty man with a gun sets his gun aside, turns up the Outlaws, and then calls out, "It's alright honey.  They's OK boys just doing a little fishing."  Just then a woman wearing only the bottoms of a bikini crawled out of the tent.  She was as dirty as naked dirty man and only slightly less naked.  She was also probably 300lbs or more.  I'm not sure how many stones that is for you Brits, but it's roughly 650 or 700kg for the rest of you Europeans.  Not a small woman.  Half her size would still not be small.  Wild Bill and I quickly decided that perhaps the fishing was better downstream after all. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That's hilarious Zurf "naked dirty man with a gun" ... calls out to her slightly less naked 300 lb woman.

Man, I got tears in my eyes laughin' at that - reminds me of a scene from Deliverance. SQUEEEEEL!

Motorhead:  The Ace of Spades

Makes me want to drive fast, too.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

lmao that is too rich Zurf!  I love it!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

topdown wrote:

That's hilarious Zurf "naked dirty man with a gun" ... calls out to her slightly less naked 300 lb woman.

Man, I got tears in my eyes laughin' at that - reminds me of a scene from Deliverance. SQUEEEEEL!

Hilarious and a great idea for a song. A dirty naked couple, fat and skinny. Sort of a Deliverace thing without the unhappy scene...you all know who I'm talking about

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Pretty much anything from AC/DC. This music is made for blasting....

Gotta throw pre-Hagar Van Halen in here too. Mean Streets is my personal favorite from Diamond Dave, Michael, Alex and  Eddie. I used to seat belt my tecnique home stereo speakers in the back seat of my '75 Ford Maverick crankin' Van Halen through the middle of town pissin' off the old people and impressing the chicky-mamas..........

I also really dig driving long distances to Iron Maiden, Powerslave is my fav from these dudes.

Me love crankin' me up some live Grateful Dead. These guys are one of the few bands that sounded better live than in the studio.

Steve Vai or anything he has signed his name to must be consumed at high, high volume. I've seen Vai live several times and each time I am blown away more than the previous. This guy works so hard and continuously evolves as a musician and as a performer.

Finally, King Crimson's Discipline moves me from head to toe at high decibels!!!

Give everything but up.

AC/DC -- highway to hell
Allman Bros--Whipping post
JJ Cale--After Midnight
The Animals--Don't bring me down
Jefferson Airplane--White Rabbit
The Indigo Girls--Closer to Fine
Crosby and Nash--Lay me down
Devonsquare--If they could see me now
Phil Ochs--Chords of Fame
Mary McCaslin--Wendigo
The Yardbirds--Heart full of soul
Amboy Dukes--Journey to the center of the mind
Richie Havens--Darkness, Darkness

There's more, but, I'd be here all day listing them!  lol

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:
etc_04 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

The SRV/Jimi thread got me thinking.  Whether you're playing it yourself or hearing it on the radio, what are some songs that make you automatically reach for the volume knob?

Oh sorry! I didn't read the question properly, it's a big problem in Britain, nobody reads the questions right.

I agree... Being from Britain myself.
Or at least I have to read it through a few times before I do read it right xD

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

There are a lot of rock songs that fall into that category for me, but to be a little different, I'm going to say "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

LOTS of excellent adds that I agree with (Panama!!!! How can you not rattle the neighbors with that????)
But there are only 2 that are GUARANTEED to be turned up, regardless of mood, who is talking, what is going on.

Don't Come Around Here No More - Tom Petty
Crimson and Clover - Tommy James and the Shondells

Obviously there are many more...but those GUARANTEED!!!!!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

bensonp wrote:

There are a lot of rock songs that fall into that category for me, but to be a little different, I'm going to say "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller.

NICE!!!!!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

stretch papa wrote:
bensonp wrote:

NICE!!!!!

+1 - and this Setzer version ain't bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUh6TAll_7o

Sunshine of your love{eric clapton] Green onions {booker t and the mg s]  Heat wave[martha and the vandellas]Hotel California [eagles] A whiter shade of pale[procal haram] Blue skys[allman Bros].Dock of the bay[ otis redding]

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

it's  only rock and roll  sympathy for the devil stones  whole lotta luv stairway led zep  hey joe purple haze hendrix  twist and shout beatles  forever young dylan  my generation the who  child in time deep purple to be played at MAXvolume  i'm in love with my car queen  freebird skynyrd  iron man sabbath  holy mother clapton and last but not least APACHE by the shadows so i'm giving my age away but my favourite instrumental of all time. Let's not forget Move It by cliff [richard] The comment about wives and volume is definitely a universal problem and claiming to be hearing impaired [surfers ear] doesn't get much sympathy.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

hey dino green onions is a definite MAXvolume tune. Did you know that it is based on a blues song called Help Me by Sonny Boy Williamson-gotta go SWAMBO is calling.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Any CCR

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.