Topic: The X Factor!!

Hey,
My name is Teresa and im 15 yesterday i got a letter from Xfactor on Itv and ive been selected to go to a private audition, but typical as it may seem my audition is on the 26th, OF THIS MONTH !!! so i kind of need some help in finding the right song for me, I LIKE any type of music From Pop to Rock From Jazz To Blues Etc Please Help big_smile Thanks Teresa x

Re: The X Factor!!

You've got to pick something that you are comfortable singing and that you like singing.  If you pick something that you don't like  merely to impress the auditioners, it will come through.  On the other hand, if you are enjoying yourself while playing, that will come through too. 

Sorry that I can't give you advice on a particular song. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I suppose, thanks for the advice it will help very much i will take it into mind what you said big_smile

MusicalTeresa
Well done. I think in they look more for personality in these auditions than choice of song and the ability to hold perfect pitch.
As Zurf says pick a song you know well and can perform confidently.
Let your personality do the rest.
and good luck
Ark

Aww, Thanks Ark Means Alot, Im Thinking Of Doing A Mans Song Because Then They Cannot Blame Me For Not Being Original, Can They? Because I Cant Sing Like A Man I Hope big_smile I Was Thinking Of You Give Me Something By James Morrison But That Might Be Playing It Safe A Little Too Much, Confusion Is Setting In Like A Ton Of Bricks At The Moment sad

6 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-05-17 15:11:52)

if you like bonnie raaitt she might be an  option she has the most beautiful and soulful voice on the planet and good luck smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Cool, but i have heard her and i doubt im a comparison to her songs they are beautiful i'd just ruin them. big_smile i think ive decided to do either A little fall of rain from Les miserables the musical or you give me something by james morrison

MusicalTeresa, listen to the answers above.
Is it wrong to suggest WHY NOT AN OLDIE? There will be probably enough Britney SPEARSNY songs
Be original, take a song easy to remember.
If the selection is without music so only your voice take a song you can remember and reproduce word by word. AND because it's X-FACTOR like ARKADY sais, FOCUS YOURSELF ON YOUR LOOKS.
A visit to a "beautifarm" can help a lot.
MIX THESE TOGETHER: LOOKS + SONG and maybe I'm writing to a star. (IF SO, DON'T FORGET US!!!)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Write back and let us know when the show will air.  I'd love to see you excel, and while no one has elected me spokeman, I suspect a lot of other Chordians would too.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Write back and let us know when the show will air.  I'd love to see you excel, and while no one has elected me spokeman, I suspect a lot of other Chordians would too.

- Zurf

you are now the spokesman Zurf lol and I am behind in what you ask

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending