Topic: anybody got any tool

well i play the electric guitar a lot. It's not like I haven't played an acoustic i just don't really know any songs that would sound better on an acoustic other then a electric so i dont really bother all to much.

So my question is does anybody know where to find any TOOL that would be good for the acoustic.

Re: anybody got any tool

what sort of tool?

And there are a lot of songs that sound better on acoustic. It probably depends what sort of music you play and what you like your guitar to sound like.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

what sort of tool?

And there are a lot of songs that sound better on acoustic. It probably depends what sort of music you play and what you like your guitar to sound like.

Ken

Tool is a band...;)

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

^^^oh my god.  Thats way to funny. But yes the band tool
::::still laughing::::: lol
You should try listening to them though they're very goood

5 (edited by Tim0473 2008-05-13 14:50:59)

big_smile you beat me to it pix!  All in good fun Ken!  tongue

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

I'd be willing to bet you can arrange any Tool song for acoustic if you sit down and do it.  That's one of the great things about music.  You can put your own stamp on it, no matter who wrote the song.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

very true jerome.
Any song can be done acoustically or any other way.

As for TOOL being a band lol I have never heard of them. sad sorry ,lol

I might check them out.

Cheers

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken

Very deep and dark band ... think of playing Drop D riffs slowly, sitting alone in a dark dungeon ... and a few Emo people around looking on sullenly while you play ... voila, you have Tool smile

Tool EMO?????? Maynard would be very upset! I agree they are a deep and dark band but there's a whole lot more to them than sludgy drop D riffs. If you listen to their back catalogue it shows a band in constant change, really artistic and, at times, a bit up themselves - some of the stuff on 10,000 days is a bit pointless - but they are one of the most exciting bands on the alt rock / metal scene.

On topic, nothing immediately springs to mind for an acoustic mix. You might be better trying something off A Perfect Circle's eMotive album (APC are Maynard's other band).

No desire to touch the fire,
It's just a...just a sad obsession.

Ken just kidding around with you man. As for Tim you obviously have no say in something you know nothing about. Tools a very deep band like rubbersoul mentioned. But not Emo. They're.....words dont seem to come to me. They're my sun and my savior

I didnt say they're an Emo band guys ... I said they have a bunch of Emo fans ... re-read it before you criticize ...

But on a lighter note, I'd love to see someone do an impression of "Sober" via acoustic ... would be interesting

12 (edited by Detman101 2008-05-22 19:15:32)

marssox wrote:

well i play the electric guitar a lot. It's not like I haven't played an acoustic i just don't really know any songs that would sound better on an acoustic other then a electric so i dont really bother all to much.

So my question is does anybody know where to find any TOOL that would be good for the acoustic.

My friend, I too am a disciple of the house of TOOL.

Adam Jones was my inspiration for playing though I don't play in Drop-D anymore.
Checkout http://www.tooltabs.net for the most accurate tabs available for TOOL.
NOTE: (click on the green-tipped neuron)

Rock on,

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Oh....by the way...

FLOOD sounds great on acoustic if you tune to Drop-D.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

marssox wrote:

Ken just kidding around with you man. As for Tim you obviously have no say in something you know nothing about. Tools a very deep band like rubbersoul mentioned. But not Emo. They're.....words dont seem to come to me. They're my sun and my savior

Amen, Tool's music has been with me during some of the darkest points of my life and helped me to rechannel my anger into positive outlets. They have always provided insight into life that you never seem to get from anywhere else. Their advice has proven valuable time and time again.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:
marssox wrote:

Amen, Tool's music has been with me during some of the darkest points of my life and helped me to rechannel my anger into positive outlets. They have always provided insight into life that you never seem to get from anywhere else. Their advice has proven valuable time and time again.

=]
Dm

* blink *

Wut?

Dude, I like Tool, but they're just a band, babe.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

upyerkilt wrote:

what sort of tool?

Ken

LOL, sorry but, LOL