Topic: missing chords

Some songs only have the first versus of chords I realize the second third  and so on are the same chords only in in different places is there anyone who would help me via e-mail figure out the missing chords Thanks from a  newbie guitar player

Re: missing chords

Hi Olhippy ,
   Welcome to Chordie .
   The best way to do this is to listen to the recording of the song , then play that first verse chord progression over and over . Eventually you will know instinctively where the changes should take place on the other verses .
   Good luck , you'll get it ......

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

olhippy wrote:

Some songs only have the first versus of chords I realize the second third  and so on are the same chords only in in different places is there anyone who would help me via e-mail figure out the missing chords Thanks from a  newbie guitar player

hi ol hippy and welcome.

If you like to see the chords all the way thru the song, you can add them in yourself. They will be the same as the first verse. People just dont bother puting them in sometimes.
It does take time, I have done a few myself. just click on "improve this song" at the bottom of the page where the song is

hope that helps

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

4 (edited by johncross21 2008-05-07 21:16:46)

actually....

the chord changes are often in the the same place in second and third verses

song writers have to have lyrics which fit the underlying structure and rythym of the music

so if you keep on playing the music at the same tempo as in the first verse you may find that it fits

but listen carefully to how the lyrics are phrased, some words will be invariably stretched and some clipped slightly

sorry upyerkilt just realised that you said the same