Topic: "Papa's Lullaby"

The kids are gone now but I was just remembering those night of trying to rock them to sleep back when I was a young father. I remember working on very little sleep when one or the other of my kids had a late night. I’m glad those days are over an done but I’m grateful I still have them to look back on. As I said before, I play the F7 here like this: xx3210 and it sounds okay to me.

Papa’s Lullaby By Jeff Gilpin

April 29th 2008

[D]Sleep little [G]baby go to [D]sleep

[D]Papa’s got [G]promises to [D]keep

[Em]So help me baby [G]please

[Em]I’m down on my [A]knees [A7]begging you

[F7]The working day’s a coming

And I [C]got to be on my toes

[F7]If I show up late again

[C]Only heaven knows

[Em]Yet I would not pass up times like [G]these

But [Em]baby I’m begging you [A]please baby [A7]please

[D]Papa’s got [G]promises to [D]keep

[Em]So help me baby [G]please

[Em]I’m down on my [A]knees [A7]begging you

[D]Sleep little [G]baby go to [Em]sleep [A]baby sleep [D]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Papa's Lullaby"

hi jeff many a sleepless night under our belts especially when we had two together ,they were born as twins but one was three weeks prem,and we'd already got three ,11,9 ,7yrs,now we've got two left at home we get landed with the grandkids,ah well they say wear the old ones out first ,great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Lovely Jets,

Most parents will remember these nights.

It seems like a lifetime away now to me.  My babies, how i loved those days.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi jeff,

funnily enough i only had one sleepless night of nursing each of my 4 kids, they never used to wake up for the 2 o'clock feed after the second week! lucky or what?

but having said that, when my wife went into hospital for our third baby, a girl, our oldest son had to go to another hospital, 10 miles away to have his appendix out, the same night, so i had a couple of sleepless nights there, commuting from one hospital to another, then work in the morning, but as you say, if i could do it again, i wouldn't change a thing.

love the song and the sentiment

keep on rocking

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks you all - My main night baby was my son. He would shake the crib in the middle of the night when he woke up pretty much demanding attention. The girl was a bit easier but both fun kids.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C