Topic: Greasy Spoon

Learning my first instrument in my 30s (the uke!). My 5-year-old is helping me write songs. This is the first half of our first song (there is no second half just yet - he ran out of steam). It combines two of our shared passions - live music and diner food.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Re: Greasy Spoon

hi srosanba a great start to your song and your 5yr old is starting young well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

great start, sounds like your 5year old has a future too!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Srosanba,

Im looking forward to the second part.   Will ya lend us your 5 year old ? lol

Is he any good with Melodies?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi srosanba,

A good start to a song and look forward to seeing the finished article. However I must say that I am a little worried about your 5 year old writing a song that starts "Going to the pub tonight", I dread to think what will he be writing about when he is six lol.

Well done and thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,

Yes, that is a bit odd for a 5-year-old to be writing. We have a local bar that has early shows. Our neighbor plays from time to time and there are often 6-10 pre-teen kids running around during the show. We originally named the bar in the lyrics, but I told him that people who didn't live around here wouldn't understand what "Going to the Cave tonight" meant. So, he agree to change the lyrics to be more generic. Probably more than you wanted to know, but now you know.