Topic: "Falling Bombs"

[SONG]
{t: Falling Bombs}
{st: Dylan Adams}

Did [Am] you ever hear [Dm] of the falling [Em] bombs?
try [Am]to run for shelter [Dm]everythings helter [Em] skelter
the sky brightens [Am] with thousands [Dm] of explosions from the [Em] mortar shells
Down below [Am] the people are hurdled [Dm] in their living [Em] hells
In the [Am] armageddon of [Dm] the falling [Em] bombs

Water for the gods, fire for the ages
It goes on and on, and still the battle rages
Fire damage from the bombs
Water poisoning from the atom
Kills them all within the day
In the armageddon of the falling bombs

Radioactive children in the street;
mutant babies from corrupt descent
Burning buildings from atomic fire in the sky
cause people to decay and die
Green ground glow in the green ground grass

Survivors crawl out of their hiding holes
just to be dead within the week
Acid rain falls on the bodies and time stands still
The day before, the day after
to this disaster, it doesn't matter
Why must we drop these metal bee stings?
(buzzz) Eminor with distortion
[/SONG]

what do you all think?

Re: "Falling Bombs"

Hello highwayman61 - there is certainly no lack of vivid imagery in your lyric!  I doubt if you had Valentine's day in mind when you penned this one . . . I've played through it and can see where this would lend itself to lots of thrashing and slashing -

It's great to see somebody else posting formatted songs to this forum!  Even though there is no melody indicated, it is still possible to get a sense of the song.  Hope to see more of your stuff posted up here.

I am determined to start finishing songs - I have lots of bits of 'started' songs and fragmentary ideas - so now I'm going to start finishing at least one song a week.

Consequently, I anticipate posting something here fairly regularly.  Would be great if other folks also started posting their stuff on a regular basis.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Dude! AWESOME SONG! love it! you're a really good songwriter! Keep it up man!

Impressive skills,  a talented writer.  Slightly dark topic related to our time, I like it a lot!

Thanks for the comments. The song is dark, I do admit, but I usually have brighter songs, but this one just came to me!

Great song, reminds me of Pink Floyd's 'Goodbye Blue Sky'

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

hi highwayman61 a really good song especially the tongue twister[green ground glow in the green ground grass]well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi highwayman61,

i can only add to what everyone else has said, good song in fact it's a very strong lyric and well written. armageddon raises it's ugly head once more.

nice to see that we can spread the themes from not just love songs to protest and anti war.

lets write a song about the greedy bankers who continue to force up prices on fuel, food and everything we need to buy, and then force down the price on things we need to sell to buy them.

sorry highwayman,  just a little rant there, the song does the biz, keep up the good work

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Highwayman,

In a word "FANTASTIC"

i had flashbacks of "Eve of Destruction" reading this song. Another great anti war song.

Very well done

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

highwayman61
Judging from the of views of this song Death and destruction is still a crowd puller mmmm...
The lyrics are to the point and well expressed.
Ark