Topic: TROUBLE WITH BOSS BR 600

Finally, I recorded an instrumental, a kind of "bluesy" song.
TOOLS TO RECORD:
- PRS CUSTOM 24
- BOSS BR 600
- COMPACT FLASH CARD 1 Gb.

I used my CF card to insert in my PC, and yes, I had a nice map with 4 items. The song I recorded, are on my PC, but I can't open them. When I open the map I see 4 other maps:
1) SMF
2) TONELOAD
3) USB
Those 3 maps are EMPTY, and the fourth is:
- BRO = there are songs, and clicking on that map I get a list of 48 items. Every item is called
- SONG0000.BRO, followed by SONG0001.BRO, and it ends with SONG0048.BRO
Can somebody tell me what this means, it's impossible to play songs. I was so happy, it took me 2 hours to record, starting with a lot of trouble, like wrong "strum", playing a wrong string and the worst problem = keeping my rhythm + very good to hear, a "rigidity", not a fluent use of my right hand to play. I tried 26 times before I got a decent result.
I have a USB cable too, but shouldn't it be enough to do what I did, putting my CF card in my PC, and copying the CF content to a map?
PLEASE, I'D LOVE SO BAD TO PLACE FINALLY 1 SONG on MYSPACE.
What did go wrong,
1) can I chance these files into a format that should do it
2) Why do I have 48 different items like starting with SONG0000.BRO up to SONG0048.BRO?
I am desperate.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TROUBLE WITH BOSS BR 600

Russ, this BOSS BR 600, hasn't a CD recorder, tere is indeed a kind of output red & white color, but how to connect it?
If I play and record a song, it is recorded on a COMPACT FLASH CARD, and there is something I don't understand. But Saturday, I go to a music store, and I will ask for info.
I'm also capable to buy something else. My character is to impatient.
I want a recording device, putting all info straight on a CF card or even a "rewritable CD".
Maybe I sell this one, and I will look for something less difficult. It's also very difficult to sit and record due to my disability. I can't sit longer than a few minutes in a certain position.
Thanks RUSS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Lieven

Russell might have answered this, I dont know as I never spent the time to read ,lol ,sorry.

when you have the song on your Boss, then you have to transfer it onto pc.
You will need to download something like audiocity. or whatever it is called.

from there you connect your boss to the pc. press play and press record on the audacity thing. this will then transfer it into your pc.
It might take you a while to sort out the sound levels as you will have two outputs on your boss, a recording level on your pc as well as a recording level on the audiocity.

I would say put everything down low and start from there or everything at half way and see how the recording is.

I hope I have helped a bit in answering what you were asking.

oh yeah, ( just in case) when you put your boss to "USB" mode, this will allow you to save onto your pc but not neccesarily play it back, it will save the file though.

Try not puting it on USB mode and just have a connection from your headphone socket on BOSS to the mic connection on PC then hit record on the audicity or whatever other program you may have to record. ( when I say hit record I really mean press record because hitting it could break your pc)

ok, has that helped?

if not I will try to remember to look here again tomorrow.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Dear Russell, and Upyerkilt
Thanks a lot. I'm not so good, feeling bad since a while. COLD, followed by a hot feeling = fever, if I put a 25W lamp in my a**, that lamp will explode, my head is not clear, I am so tired, it's hard to come back from the hospital, and since 31/03, some days are good, but most are bad. This is the reason why I think that I AM PLAYING THE BIGGEST PART HERE.
- I can do great things using my PC, like finding 'hard to find" songs.
- The technical part, that's the biggest problem. There are 2 "outputs" (green + red) where my "skype" headset is connected.
- Due to physical severe problems, I have to wait for someone to help me.
Agree, IF I SELL MY BOSS BR 600, and I buy another "device" giving me the answer on all the problems, because you van burn a CD or in MP3 or in WAV.
Do I throw away $$$, probably.
ALL I WANT is in MY CONDITION (even a wheelchair isn't far away, they come next thursday for a wheel chair, yep, it is really hard for me now, again a new "turning" point in my life. WHERE WILL ALL THESE PROBLEMS END? (no WHEN), what's next. Only a few things are really bnice:
- The friendship her on chordie is priceless.
- Also financial: I paid a fortune to have a decent income when retiring, include a "guaranteed income" every month. Imagine, 90% of the MD'S have a small insurance, when they have to stop (accident, disease, cancer) and you have 3 kids, if I think about that, oh Lord.
There are other "recording devices"using the same effects, BUT with a CD-BURNER in it. This will allow me to put songs on a CD-R, or a CD-RW, without PC. I can hear very well the song(s) I recorded. FOR ME, THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST: selling mine, and buying another.

Sounds like you're after one of these then doc:

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/boss-br900 … db5df7f0c5

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/zoom-hd8cd … db5df7f0c5

A couple of thoughts about your problem Lieven.

It appears that BOSS automatically saves your music as a .bro file but is there an option to save as .mp3?

If not surely there is software available to to convert from .bro to .mp3.

On impulse I have just looked at the Roland web site and I see that there is a download for a Wave Converter. This will convert convert your file to a .wav and it is easy to then convert to .mp3. There is also a help file that explains how to do it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

7 (edited by arkady 2008-04-11 20:41:48)

This is a simple solution...... Maybe too easy smile

I don't know any thing about a digital recorders like Boss like doc or russ have etc.
All I do know is if you can plug the Boss into the audio in on the PC and play back whats recorded on the Boss.
You can with "Audacity" a program free to download from the internet you can record directly from the Boss to the PC as Audacity records anything going though the sound card.
It also converts it straight to a MP3 no problem.
Whats the point of burning and ripping if you don't want a hard copy.
Like I say maybe it's to easy

Sorry......  Rule number 1 on Chordie read previous posts before.....UYK said all  big_smile
Ark

8 (edited by evsynator 2008-04-12 09:01:43)

just trying to be helpfull here - i had no idea what the boss thing was so i checked it on the web . i see it is capable of doing multi tracks which you can then choose the best one to use . perhaps these extra tracks you have are these ? so - in other words perhaps you have not got rid of the "takes " that are not needed ? . its just a wild guess ..... tell me to shut up if need be .

sorry - one day later i stand corrected . that is , i read the websites 8 tracks being divided into 64 subsequent track and able to store them and choose the best track later on is not possible . thank you to the member who pm me for the correction.

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Thank you all for helping, I have 2 different "paths"
- Compact Flash and put it in my pc
- Try with USB port
Audacity, I have.
Since I'm not in the mood to read it all again, I take that p i t a**device to the biggest store of Belgium (we have to go to a reception, from our beloved king's bastard child). Imagine my mum & me, and she said yes in a split second when I told that we went to that musicstore. I will take my boss with me, and what I really need is a device who record a CD to.
I have time, time & time

I think where it goes wrong.
You have to TRANSFER your music to your PC and not the CF card.

ONE problem solved = drums. (by pushing "arrange"), I am able now to play AND there are drums too now.
Sometimes (really not much) my rhythm isn't 100% perfect. I recorded 15 times, I can't continue because I exaggerated so long, by sitting in the same chair, that I can't stand up.
THAT, THESE PAINS & PROBLEMS makes me so melancholic, WHY did I deserve this destiny.
Next week, they come to my place for a wheelchair, funny isn't it.
I really hope that NOBODY gets what I have.
If I can transfer this song to my PC, using an USB connection, I am really looking forward.
The song is "technical" 80% correct, I don't care, I try to load it on myspace.

you got to remember there are a lot of people worse off than you . i understand its hard for you - but when i was in hospital feeling sorry for myself ( broke my leg in 3 places last october after an incedent with a passenger ) there were kids above me in a different ward suffereing from a lot more . a freind died one night while working as a cab driver ( so am i ) i found him and 3 others dead - they all had kids left behind . this is only music and a hobby that should give you a release . be gratefull for the wheelchair - there are a lot of people gone who would like to be here whether in a wheelchair or not .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

evsynator, thanks a lot I do know that a lot of persons suffer. You know the WORST problem I ever had was a SERIOUS DEPRESSION. If I had the choice between then and now, I should take NOW. Sometimes I write about these situation. Don't get this wrong, it's probably because I was so active, I worked 75-80 hours a week, on one hand building my practice sky-high, on the other hand, destroying my family life. Divorce, lots of women, starting at 07.30 to come back at 22.30-23.00.
I even didn't eat, except for the "almost" night. It is very difficult, and I saw people, having problems, almost not to imagine. What I try is by writing this:
1) a relieve.
2) hoping that I can help people by writing it.
I have a "manuscript" stored in my PC, titled "the EXPRESSION of the IMPRESSION of a DEPRESSION." 120 pages in A4  format. Because someone who's suffering from a severe depression, will NOT READ IT, so I have an 8 pages A4 manuscript very easy to read, and the intention was to add it inside that book. I must tell, there were different publishers, wo were very interested. PROBLEM = I am not allowed to earn a lousy € or $, because I can loose all my insurances. But it's to important in fact and disgusting that it's still on my PC. I am busy to make a deal with one of these companies.
But as you say, music is a beautiful thing, an universal language, and I have a song, but connecting my BOSS with an USB cable, I can't transfer it. Probably a friend can.
Big BRO, thanks for the .bro indforùation.
FINALLY, WHAT IS THE EASIEST TO USE? A BOSS BR 900? They have a CD burner on board, I suppose you can burn your CD, rip it with Windows Media Player? Sooner or later...
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

thanks for the reply gp - i didnt know how you would take it, but it seems you took it positive . the main thing is to realise you are not on your own in the way you are thinking. everybody feels down - all of us to a certain extent in different ways. i know its easy to say , but try to use it in a positive way - and i guess in your case use music to get your feelings accross so it reaches others so they in turn can realise they too can express themselves . fight and show the real you inside . you will get your stuff recorded and i for one cant wait to hear it ( though i will be critical if needed  - i dont think you would  want anything less) . dont forget - relax and use the music as a hobby .

gitaardocphil wrote:

PROBLEM = I am not allowed to earn a lousy € or $, because I can loose all my insurances. But it's to important in fact and disgusting that it's still on my PC. I am busy to make a deal with one of these companies.

Lieven,

There are ways round this.
Get someone you trust 200% let them use thier name to get it published and you rake in the money, but obviously give them a cut in the royalties if they want it.
Also, I dont know what the exchange rate is right now wit hthe euro against the pound sterling but I do know ye would be better with ££££'s than $$$'s .lol £500,000 will make you a millionare in the U.S

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending