Topic: Life in the Key of D

The name my friends call me by is "D".  Folks comment to me that I have an unusual perspective on things, and I recognize in myself that I am a walking contradiction.  At one point, a songwriter friend of mine suggested that I write a song about myself titled "Life in the Key of D".

Here's a couple verses.  I'll have to get a chorus.  It's a campfire latida- tidada-dedada type feel.  Obviously, it will be played in D.  Possibly an easy 3/4 beat.  Hard to say.  Still pretty stoned and tired.  Recommendations and criticism encouraged.  Help get me out of bad habits and into good ones now, please.

Life in the Key of D - by D (aka Zurf) - raw beginning

Pizza and beer and Pop-Tarts and ice cream.
I could eat them and my waist would stay small
Now it's high fiber low fat lean protein madness
And spending my thoughts on cholesterol

People are people wherever you find them
forget about royalty and the heraldry scene
No need for Kings, or Dukes, or Duchesses,
Still I'm fond of the Dairy Queen

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Life in the Key of D

Zurf,

finish this one , thats very good. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz Zurf! ah he's in Noddy land again.:lol:

Slán from The Emerald.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

D  !  D  !  Wake up......
   ( Hope you don't mind if I call you that )
   Please finish this and post ..
( Sounds a lot like me !!?? )
   Hope you're doing better soon . It's hard to play with an arm tied up ..........

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

hi zurf my waistlines extended into a overhang ,only time i see my feet is if i hold my breath,a good start ,now for the ending drink a lot of coffee....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool