Topic: THE DEAD CHEATER REVISITED

THE DEAD CHEATER

the dead cheatergitaardocphil

The dead cheater

gitaardocphil

[E] [E] [E] [A] [A] [E] [B7]

[E]I’ve got a big big crash [A] a big big boom [E] I ended in the [B7] morgue my friends

[E] on a cold cold stone [A] with skin and bone[E]so alone in silly [B7] blue dress

[A] I heard a voice, a very [A7] loud voice loud voice[D] did someone scream for help[B7]

[E] They moved me back [A] to a hot hot room [E] telling I wasn’t gone [B7]

[E] I asked them all what [A] happened to me [E] they told I hit a tree [B7] quit hard

[E] Was I confused I still [A] don’t know, a big big tree [E] who crossed the road [B7]

[A] But I didn’t care a tree [A7] or stone I am still here [D] but you die alone [B7]

[E] I am not so sure they [A] send me home but [E] didn’t give a cure [B7]

[E] This was round one, [A] a very hard one, [E] I cheated [B7] mister dead

[E] My mind cleared up, [A] I warmed me up[E] for cheating [B7] dead again

[A] Once you met him [A7] he hangs around [D]he loves to eat your soul [B7]

[E] He had a coach I didn’t [A] found one to help [E] defend my [B7] belt

[E] He hit me once, [A] he hit me twice,[E] I just saw fuzzy shaking[B7] stars

[E] I hit the floor a [A] hard hard floor but [E]soon my hormones [B7] reached the top

[A] I stood up I became real[A7] green just as [D] the hulk learned me [B7]

[E] Dead used his tricks, [A] his dirty tricks like [E] spitting me full [B7] of nasty bugs

[E] They put me back in that cold cold [A]room a priest next to me [E] making me all wet [B7]

[E] I started singing I will survive [A] the priest got scared [E] and nurses made a bet [B7]

[A] I closed my eyes and [A7] hold my breath [D] and yes they taught [B7] he’s dead.

[E] I fooled them all the bugs [A] were friends I knew [E] them all by name [B7]

[Am] Even today [G] nobody knows [Am] that I’m alive [G]

[Am] Win or loose [G] blue or red [Am] I will be dead [G]

[Am] What can I do [D7] where [G] can I hide [C]

[Am] He will come [D7] back to [G] make a final ride [C]

[F] I’m just made [C#mmaj9] from flesh [C] and blood [A] not [D] from [G] kryptonite [C]

[F] It felt great [C#mmaj9] [C]to cheat him once [A] but [D] he [G] always [C] wins

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE DEAD CHEATER REVISITED

SO SORRY FRIENDS, I worked real hard AND I used a different approach as you can see.
This time I think or better I hope, that everything fits.
It took me 2 hours, but I played and wrote line after line, and every two lines I picked up my guitar to check if AND chords AND lyrics were "compatible." I really hope to record this song soon and put him on myspace.
How do I place this on myspace?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

no need to apologise, it's a good song smile
it's something a bit different, which is often more interesting

well done!

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

doc it is differnt i agree with liam just keep writting what you feel not what you think others will like neal young was asked once after "heart of gold" became a hit if he would stay in the middle of the road with his music,his response was "i meet more interesting people in the ditch" so what the hell say what you want good job on the song russ

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Liam (I am very nosy, why you choose paranormal? I adore a lot of stuff, called or considered as paranormal. Just think about the DEJA VU phenomenon, being convinced you saw it already but you can place it) and RUSSELL.
Yes, this time I worked different, and I hope that this way of writing a song, is a lot better for me.
In stead of playing a song I have in mind, followed by lyrics and chords AT RANDOM, I try to play guitar AND adding lyrics, BEFORE: 1 line, and placing chords, a second line + chords, I changed my philosophy by playing and singing, writing it down, followed by playing and singing "the entity" in stead of every single line.
Thanks for your "constructive comments". What about the lyrics, are they correct, are they placed in a right sequence? Do you have some suggestions?
Thanks

gitaardocphil wrote:

Liam (I am very nosy, why you choose paranormal? I adore a lot of stuff, called or considered as paranormal. Just think about the DEJA VU phenomenon, being convinced you saw it already but you can place it)

well pfff erm i can't be bothered to explain lol just type on "xtreme hauntings" on youtube, and click anything uploaded by "talkton1ght" (that's me) or "Streetly Saviour". oh and there's a forum as well now, it's rubbish... www.xtremehauntings.myfreeforum.org
that should explain it smile

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

doc on the last line after "it felt great you included "to cheat" in the same [ ] (brackets) as the chord,just put the chord before the words"to cheat"in the [ ] and everything should be fine before you :post" click "preview"first and look at what it will be when you submit it and edit the necessary changes and preview again and if your satisfied click"submit"

gitaardocphil wrote:

Liam (I am very nosy, why you choose paranormal? I adore a lot of stuff, called or considered as paranormal. Just think about the DEJA VU phenomenon, being convinced you saw it already but you can place it) and RUSSELL.
Yes, this time I worked different, and I hope that this way of writing a song, is a lot better for me.
In stead of playing a song I have in mind, followed by lyrics and chords AT RANDOM, I try to play guitar AND adding lyrics, BEFORE: 1 line, and placing chords, a second line + chords, I changed my philosophy by playing and singing, writing it down, followed by playing and singing "the entity" in stead of every single line.
Thanks for your "constructive comments". What about the lyrics, are they correct, are they placed in a right sequence? Do you have some suggestions?
Thanks

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP Russell, I tried everything, but it doesn't work out, this is the best I could do.

Hi, Lieven

Good song, very personal!  Good to know you're still around after your recent setbacks... I had the gastric reflux a couple of times and it took me about 3 days to eat my breakfast!

And it's a great song to help nail that elusive B7 chord!

Keep on rockin'

Bonedaddy

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

it looks ok but i never played a C#mmaj9 if thats supposed to be 2 chords in that measure(C#m and Cm9) you have to separate them and put each in [ ] brackets

gitaardocphil wrote:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP Russell, I tried everything, but it doesn't work out, this is the best I could do.

Hi Lieven,

Nice song about a horrible experience, Well done and keep them coming.

For Russ's benefit I did a minor edit to your song as I too had never heard of C#mmaj9 but checked and found there was such a chord and it made more sense than what was posted so I assumed that is what you intended. If I was wrong let me know and I will change it for you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Docphill,

Delighted to see you back here.  I love reading your songs.

You take me right inside that complex head of yours.

Hugs.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

crap! i thought i knew it all lol  lol   

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Lieven,

Nice song about a horrible experience, Well done and keep them coming.

For Russ's benefit I did a minor edit to your song as I too had never heard of C#mmaj9 but checked and found there was such a chord and it made more sense than what was posted so I assumed that is what you intended. If I was wrong let me know and I will change it for you.

Roger

Yes indeed, I am not a poet, or busy with lyrics, THAT'S the reason why it's more difficult to write lyrics. I don't know if the "first edition" is deleted, but this time I listend to ALL OF YOU, your tips, tricks AND reading other chordian's lyrics. That was 1 of the reasons why it took a while. But this is what I call CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS, and I'm gratefull.
About your reflux Bonedaddy: DON'T TAKE THE SAME WAY I TOOK, I had the worst degree, also the cause of trowing up "dark liquid = blood" 2-3 hours after bedtime. It's still not cured, waking up  completely wet, blood, sweat but NO tears. This caused my pneumonia, acid substance (DISGUSTING TALK, ISN'T IT?) in my lungs. Some days are real fine, other days, like today, fever, cold -- hot, muscular pain, but I survive AND BETTER, I don't care any longer about that insurance problem.
Strange news, I am invited next Saturday, a reception, walking (for me sitting : D buffet) in the most expensive village, for an art exhibition ARTIST = DELPHINE BOEL, a daughter of our king, but not official, now she hates every royal stuff, she lived for years in London, some work our "manneke pis", one of the greatest touristic attractions, she made him, with a huge penis, with the Belgium Flag around. I hope I can take some pictures with my cell phone. SO YOU SEE, I AM ALIVE AND OPTIMISTIC, 100% more than some months ago, and ALL OF YOU ARE AT LEAST FOR 50% RESPONSABLE, so guys and DOLL, THANK YOU SO MUCH.