Topic: THE DEAD CHEATER

THE DEAD CHEATER

the dead cheatergitaardocphil

[E] [E] [E] [A] [A] [E] [B7]

[E]I’ve got a big big crash [A] a big big boom [E] I ended in the morgue my friends [B7]

[E] on a cold cold stone [A] with my skin and bone[E] and so alone [B7] it ends [E]

[E] But yet I heard a voice [A] a very loud voice[E] someone screamed for help[B7]

[E] they transferred me to [A] a hot hot room [E] and told me I wasn’t gone [B7]

[E] they send me back at home [A] a lonely home [E] declared dead but alive again[B7]

[E] I cheated dead, yes I did [A] in this game between [E] dead and the first round[B7]was mine

[E] some told me it’s mercy [A] but I am not so sure [E] they didn’t give me a cure [B7]

[E] my champions dead belt[A]challenged again Mr Dead and me [E] started round two [B7]

[E] He used some tricks, dirty tricks I [A]went down knocked-out [E] I catched some[B7]deadly bugs[E]

[E] they put me back in that cold cold [A]room a priest next to me [B7] making me all wet [E]

[E] I started to sing I will survive [A] the priest got scared and took of [E]nurses made a bet [B7]

[E] I wasn’t dead, I heard what [A] they said I opened [E] my eyes [B7] and yes I won [E]again.

[Am] so nobody knows [D7] why I [G]still live but light [C]

[Am] am I made from [D7] flesh and blood [G] or is it kryptonite [C]

[F] I did see a big [C# m(maj9)] new skill good [C] to cheat [A] the dead [D] yeah [G] yeah [C]

This one will be recorded one of these days, so lyrics might change.
I really should appreciate IF NOT IN PUBLIC, MAIL ME, about the lyrics, THE CONSTRUCTION OF PHRASES, OR IMPROVE SOME LYRICS. I am not BRITISH or USA citizen, so help is welcome.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE DEAD CHEATER

hi gitardocphil,

i love your song, it's so full of humour, i smiled all the way through, couldnt get it up on myspace though, i'll try again later.

all the best

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

HEY PHIL, I don't believe I said WELCOME. So welcome to our great community of FRIENDS.
Thanks for your kind comment. As I wrote, some lyrics will maybe changed, but it's a "weird song" and I used some unusual lyrics, like THE PRIEST next to my bed, making me wet, referring to the "sacraments"because I keep my "songs" in WORD, and another phrase was
A PRIEST NEAR MY BED, PUTTING OIL ON MY HEAD. This is a funny sad fact, but written ironic.
That phrase I will use it probably in my song, or changing the actual phrase, or as an extra.
I'm very impatient, and I want it all at the same time. If you like, you can help me to correct some parts, by giving me tips. The title is REAL, IT IS A 100% REALITY, I am not happy concerning the song for the 100%. I need to add, change and write more because it's called the dead cheater and I have the impression now that I should have written more about that cheating.
OR, another song, different chords, and again using this more in detail.
By the way, WHAT I WROTE IS correct, I should have been dead 5 times (99% will die in reality)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I like this song Lieven.

It maybe your english has let you down though? or maybe it was meant? or maybe it is just me that thinks it would be better as DEATH cheater instead of DEAD cheater?

Apart from that very small minor point, I think it is great.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well Ken, I am really glad that you point me on the "LANGUAGE" or the "STRUCTURE", this is the reason I asked for COMMENT. Comment sounds maybe better than CRITICS.
You are right about my "ENGLISH", I didn't speak or read 1 word the last 4 weeks, and yes, I lost some "exercise." About DEAD or DEATH what is the difference?
Some of my extra problems are:
- when do you use THAN or THEN
- also daughter, dreadnaught or dreadnought? I know it's nought, but when do you use au or ou.
Those (or is it "these") are the words giving me problems. I also know that there is a difference between UK & USA (favorite versus favourite), and I AM NOT AFRAID TO ASK, if you don't ask, you will never get answer and I noticed a linguistic improvement, compared to 1 year ago. In fact this is the most important reason why I ask comment, critics..., not really about the song (suggestions concerning lyrics are welcome AND important) 
THANKS to all of you. It's a simple "bluesy" song with a few strophes (there are some more in WORD) interrupted by a different refrain or bridge.

hmmm, how do I expalin? Death is what describes being dead, it is the action of dying.
, dead is what you are when you cease to live.

ok that was my description of it and thought I have never really thought about the difference. so i went to the online dictionary.

for death....... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/death

for dead....http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dead

as for the americans spelling things different, if I were you I would choose the real english, the UK version as I am sure that is what the international langauge uses.
I used to think the american way was just so silly, but as it has been pointed out to me it actually makes sense, i.e why have a "U" in colour when we all pronounce it color? but then why do we not spell it "Kullor"?
yep the english language is very silly indeed, but I thin kyou do exremely well in your english Lieven. You are better at english than some people I know that are british.

keep up the good work.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hey again,

i think your message comes through loud and clear, inasmuch as i understood what you meant right away. glad to hear you got through such a terrible experience 5 times no less, hope your life gets boring from now on after all that excitement!!! lol

i think upyerkilt has explain the diction quite well, but if you need anything else feel free to email me, i'll always help if i can.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.