Topic: LONGEST EXISTING ROCK GROUP

It is amazing, but it is a European group, performing since 1961 and still 100% in the original line-up.
Even not the Rolling Stones can say this. The "Rolling Stones" were founded in 1962,lost Bill Wyman as a member, and do tours very rarely. So all in all: Golden Earring is "the oldest rock 'n' roll band of the world".
They are DUTCH, from the Netherlands, often compared with the "European Stones", like "Aerosmith" in the USA. AND: they are great. See Wikipedia, and who has never heard their famous hits, like "RADAR LOVE", and "WHEN THE LADY SMILES".
I didn't believe it, just found it by asking "google" for the oldest rock group.
45 FORTY-FIVE years, SAME ARTISTS.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: LONGEST EXISTING ROCK GROUP

Exactly I was going to say the stones too.That's really the only one I can think of.

tongue:P:P:P:P

Re: LONGEST EXISTING ROCK GROUP

I was going to say The Adicts
For a punk band they are pretty damn old
Cheers!

-Tron

"When the mode of the music changes, the wall of the city shake"
-Plato