Topic: new layout of website

Why Oh Why did have to go and change the layout of the songs??? I'm a 'not-so-great' guitar player and I'm finding the pages now very difficult to read.

Firstly moving the chords image box down to the bottom of the page has meant I have to scroll down everytime I'm not sure about a chord. Making me stop playing each time I do so.

Secondly placing the chord notes between the lines of the song instead of where it was, <b>in bold </b>on top of each line is making the song difficult to read.

Thirdly The heading and info of the songs sometimes overlap the lyrics itself.

I loved the layout before.

Re: new layout of website

Hi Minette:

I saw your post this morning and immediately shuddered!

I love the page layout exactly as it has always been, and if the changes you mention had happened, I also think it would be a lot harder to use the pages.

Thing is, the only change I've noticed is the actual listings of the songs, which I actually find to be a lot cleaner than the previous format.

The actual song pages appear to be unchanged on my browser...chord chart placement at the side of the song and chord notations in bold blue above the line where the change would be indicated.

Maybe your personal settings have somehow changed?

Hope this is the case and good luck!

Tunedeaf

Still looks good to me. All I can think of is that some of the listings are text only and the chords are in amongst the words. I dislike these too, but if you look again there should be a clearer version in there somewhere.

Al

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

That's what I thought as well but then I opened a few songs in my songbook and the format in these had been changed as well.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for the reply Tunedeaf.

I'll have a look at my settings. Will be if that's all it is.

There have been no change in the layout of Chordie.

You are experiencing a technical problem. I need more info to find out what is going wrong here. Please send me the url to the song where you are experiencing this problem.

Admin

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>minette1 wrote on Sat, 16 December 2006 06&#58;44</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Firstly moving the chords image box down to the bottom of the page has meant I have to scroll down everytime I'm not sure about a chord. Making me stop playing each time I do so.
</td></tr></table>

I had noticed this as well, but not in browser view.  When I tried to print the songs, the chords would appear at the bottom, whereas in browser view, they looked perfect.

Today, when I first logged in, I got a "major upgrade" message.  Since then, I've gotten a few database errors and some page timeouts, but that's to be expected during an upgrade.  The good news is that when I printed a couple of songs, they printed correctly, with the chords all on the right side and a (new?) border around the entire song. 

Yes!!!

So far, that is only happening when I try to print individual songs.  Printing the songbook still put all the chords at the bottom of each song, but maybe that will be part of the upgrade, too.

Oh, FYI, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.8 on this computer.  I use Firefox 2.0 on my desktop computer, but have not tried accessing Chordie from it.

Thanks, developers.  Chordie has quickly become my favorite guitar resource, and I will be linking to it from my website.

The last 12 hours, Chordie has been in total chaos...

What you are experiencing seems like to be a problem related to the stylesheet not loading correctly.

If you ever experience it again, please send an mail to <a href="mailto:admin&#64;chordie.com." target="_blank">admin&#64;chordie.com.</a> If we are lucky you are able to reproduce the error, and then we could start figuring out what is wrong.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>Lytspeed wrote on Sun, 17 December 2006 13&#58;08</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
The good news is that when I printed a couple of songs, they printed correctly, with the chords all on the right side and a (new?) border around the entire song. 

Yes!!!
</td></tr></table>

As the day has progressed, the site seems to be back to printing pages with the chords at the bottom.  Oh well, it's better than nothing.  I hope you can get them to print back on the right side again, with the border around them.  That looked great!

I need the address to one page where you are experiencing this problem. Then I can start debugging it.

Link is in your e-mail.  Thanks!

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>admin wrote on Sun, 17 December 2006 18&#58;26</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
There have been no change in the layout of Chordie.

You are experiencing a technical problem. I need more info to find out what is going wrong here. Please send me the url to the song where you are experiencing this problem.

Admin
</td></tr></table>

Hi There!

I've opened a few songs in my songbook and no change.  The same happens with new songs. Could it be my settings? I had a look but couldn't find anything that seems relevant.

Sending a few urls.

(from my songbook)

<a href="http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url=http://getsome.org/guitar/olga/chordpro/m/Don.McLean/AmericanPie.chopro&songbook=source&transpose=0" target="_blank"> http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ome.org/gu itar/olga/chordpro/m/Don.McLean/AmericanPie.chopro&songb ook=source&transpose=0</a>

(From your database)

<a href="http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.xguitar.com/guitar-tabs/cake/fashion_nugget/its_coming_down.txt" target="_blank"> http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.x … guitar-tab s/cake/fashion_nugget/its_coming_down.txt</a>

Thanks for helping!