Topic: Facts 6

In a song, they write a lot about cars. Yes, the car is probably one of the best inventions starting at the end of the 19th century, and Ford perfected or better is the father of the mass production. I like cars, and for me it was important that I had a solid car and also solid and nice at the inside because I spent a lot of time driving. More short distances, and thanks to a very solid car, I am still alive.
What I love about cars is the fact that a lot of cars have a CD player.
I think that there are even CD compilations, called car music. When I was on holiday in the US (at least 5 times), it was like a dream, renting a mustang convertible, it was like walking driving a car, not fast, car open, and you can enjoy so many things, see so many things, smell the forests.....
The cars I have rented there, they all had a CD player and real car music was for me Creedence Clearwater Revival, Steppenwolf, some compilation CD's with ballads, rock, blues.
I am very curious to know what music you like to hear, driving longer distances. Dire Straits is also fabulous when you drive.
But here is a list: songs with car in the title.
- Mercedes Benz                       JANIS JOPLIN
- Car Song                               ELASTICA
- Cars                                      GARY NUMAN
- Drive                                     THE CARS 
- Driving in my car                    MADNESS
- Baby you can Drive my Car     THE BEATLES
- Killer Cars                              RADIOHEAD
- Fast Car                                 TRACY CHAPMAN
- Little Deuce CoupĂ©                  THE BEACH BOYS
- Little Red Corvette                   PRINCE (is his name still Prince???)
- Pink Cadillac                           BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
- Autobahn                                KRAFTWERK
- Route 66                                 A LOT OF MUSICIANS, like THE ROLLING STONES
- Red Barchetta                         RUSH
- Ventura Highway                     AMERICA
- Fire                                        SPRINGSTEEN/ THE POINTERSISTERS
- You Remind me of my Jeep      R. KELLY
- Highway to Hell                       AC/DC
And if you want, you can still add at least 20 other songs
Hear you later "chordians" and have a nice weekend: WITHOUT ACCIDENTS
(Accidents will happen   ELVIS COSTELLO)
-

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Facts 6

Hello GuitarPhill, When I take long drives I like to listen to bands like Supertramp, Steppinwolf, Matt Minglewood,Any thing by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Some tunes are suited well for long drives in the car. There is an old blues song by Willie Love about a V-8 Ford that is really good, he was a paino player from the 40,s that I like a lot.Hey this is an interesting thread and would be cool to know what others listen to in their cars.

Have a great day....Badeye.

one caper after another

Well, this answer from BADEYE, is the kind of answers I like. Maybe, this topic "can" exclude some fellow chordians. That's why I ask the question about car music (I think most of us driving long distances, put more "rock music style" in their CD. I am sure that nobody here will drive 500 miles with JAMES HETFIELD and Co for 7 hours non stop. This is also one of the reasons I am less using mp3.
I could listen, having all their songs, for 5 hours Pink Floyd, Deep Purple. I love songs in the car, I am always singing even shouting with a lot of numbers. But not all of us do long distance. Since I couldn't work anymore, I think I drive MAYBE 30 miles/week, not enough to change always my CD's, BUT when I am busy, like now, I "click" on several numbers (songs), but with that difference that I am even listening to disco, DISCO is COMING BACK, and where I used to laugh even spit on disco songs, they aren't that bad.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Great car song:  Radar Love.  (Don't remember the band off the top of my tired head)
Chicago, Blood Sweat And Tears, Dobbie Bros, Pink (strange heh?)  are also inspiring.
Anything that has a good beat and MOVES.  Of course, the trouble is that it can cause "lead foot" which, while
I was living in Canada, was a big problem because of the speed limits.  But, here in Germany where there are
no speed limits on open highways, you can roll, and when necessary, lighten up your foot without the aid of a patrol car.
And I also feel better in a big solid car.

Black Cars - Gino Vinelli

drive carefully

here's an article about songs which are about the consequences of road traffic accidents

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/05/11/124522.php

but I can't resist adding

2468 Motorway by Tom Robinson Band

Radar Love was by Golden Earring. Wow, Blood Sweat And Tears now there was a great band.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I love all the answers and HOW COULD I FORGET Radarlove by my neighbours in HOLLAND, The Golden earring.
BUT WHAT IF YOU DRIVE LONGDISTANCE: Radio is not very useful, because of the frequency changes a lot, there is great music in the US, but I only could listen to a radio post like 80 miles around a city. If you listen to CD's: COMPILATION or 1 GROUP? By the way there are a lot of "car cd's". I listen to almost all CD's I braught with me, like I told, CCR, DEEP PURPLE. To avoid always the same: push on shuffle.

9 (edited by VirginiaK 2007-06-25 16:51:42)

Another one from the Beach Boys: Not exactly sure of the title ....  (gee, I'm pretty vague, aren't I)
"and she'll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes her T-Bird awaaaaay"
(When I was a real little kid, my older cousin was in a Beachboys cover band)

Boy, this is fun!  There must be a million songs about cars.    Groucho Marks sang a song about a certain brand of cars
as an advertisement for his show "You Bet Your Life", but I don't remember the car.  Definately not an Edsel.

There was another one by a girl group, I think late fifties.  "Huggin' and kissin' with Fred"
"keep your mind on your driving, keep your hands on the wheel.  da da da da keep your eyes on the road ahead.
We're having fun, sitting in the back seat, huggin' and kissin with Fred"  (Lyrics went something like that.)

Wait, here's another one: Don't know who sang it (Bobby V, or Vinton, one of those guys)  It's about losing his girlfriend
in a car accident.  "the crying tires, the busted glass, the painful scream that I heard last.  Oh where oh where can my
baby be? The lord took her away from me.  She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when
I leave this world"  I think the title is in there somewhere.

What was that song by the Beatles... It was supposed to contain a clue about Paul McCartney dying  "...he blew his mind out
in a car.  He didn't notice that the light had changed..."

Oops! another one:  instrumental with no text, but the title is clear "Back-seat Betty" by Miles Davis.

"Mustang Sally"    !!!!!!  James Brown???? Wilson Picket???? (if I'm wrong here, I blame it on advancing AGE)

"New York State Of Mind"   Billy Joel   (fancy cars and limousines...)

"Pink Cadillac"  I only know the Aretha Franklin version (80's)

"Big yellow Taxi" Joni Mitchell

"Complicated"  Avril Lavigne  (Canadian)  "da da... riding in your car"

"No Scrubs" by TLC  "A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me, hangin' out the passenger side of his best friends'
ride (car), trying to hollar at me"

Oh, also!  It's not about cars--motorcycles--so it probably doesn't count:  "Leader Of The Pack"  - but that opens up a whole new ballgame:
"Born To be Wild" etc.  Great cruising song.  Lovely melody.

Here's 2 old favorites:
Ol' 55                    by Tom Waits (made famous by The Eagles)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyCrg0VDLj8

Vehicle                  by The Ides of March
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJi3U24o3N8

If memory serves, one chordie user posted a songbook full of songs about cars.
Also, there are hundreds of country songs about 'truck', but that's another topic.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Vehicle!  Yeah!  I loved David Clayton Thomas.  I loved that band.  Also, "God Bless The Child".  Didn't know it was and old
standard till I started singing jazz.
Thanks for the pointer to this video.  I loved it.

(Hey Gitaardocphil--what about great pop/rock hits that were originally old standards? GBTChild is one. There must be lots of them, too)

I believe The Beachboys song where 'daddy will take the T-Bird away' is called Fun, Fun, Fun.

Brian Hyland sang Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini about kissing and a hugging with Fred.

One addition of my own is Tell Laura I Love Her by Ray Peterson.

I also remember a very old fun song about a bubble car overtaking a proper car and they kept going faster and faster until the bubble car pulled to the side of the other and the driver yelled "Hey buddy how do I get this car out of second gear". I have no idea of the title or artist.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Itsy bitsy...bikini was about a girl who's afraid to come out of the locker, then water.  I (embarrassingly) know the entire text to this song.... (what can I say, I was only 5)  The "huggin....Fred" thing was another song.

How about V-8 Ford by Willie Love or Hot Rod Lincoln.Not sure os artist.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Ooops VirginaK,

Either a senior moment or a one track mind, the choice is yours.

"Seven Little Girls Sitting On The back Seat" a 1959 song by Paul Evans.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ha! Roger, just don't tell me your middle name is Fred....

17 (edited by gnomefry 2008-03-02 20:35:39)

born to be wild,crosstown traffic,ride on and brand new cadillac,also another one rides the bus.

tongue:P:P:P:P