Topic: SO SORRY, I'll make it up to you Bass players = underestimated member

What should a band sound without a drummer and bass player, yes NOT MUCH.
In the drummer topic, and many times on many sites, the best musicians are often session musicians. Every band (in a matter of speaking) use their services, and because they play often with great bands they have to adapt to many styles. Sometimes it is quit sad. A band who just finished a song, they session players come in action, playing a similar drum pattern as the band's drummer did. They are often the unsung heroes, working in tandem with the drummer to establish the foundation and consistency necessary to produce a dynamic recording or live performance.
BASS & DRUMS= THE BACK SPINE of a band. HERE a LIST:
#1: Jaco Pastorius
#2: Jeff Berlin
#3: Paul McCartney (Beatles, Wings, knighthood)
  3: John Entwistle.
#4: John Patitucci
#5: Victor Wooten
#6: John Entwistle
#7: Cliff BURTON
#8: . Mel Schacher
#9: John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin. He might have been overwhelmed by the 3 others, but this guy was a musical wonderboy.
#10:Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
I looked for a long time to compose this list, and I tried by searching, who they were, and some on youtube

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SO SORRY, I'll make it up to you Bass players = underestimated member

what about Geddy Lee of Rush or Les Claypool of Primus two great Bass players.My nephew is a wizard on the bass.
He amazes me every time we jam.

just a few....Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi badeye, first of all, the possibility is VERY HIGH that I come to "MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY" CANADA. With my mum, 78 years old (strange isn't it.) We planned to visit a Woman in MISSISSAUGA, she was staying with our family, 30 years ago, she is head of "city lawyers" and her husband has a FANTASTIC studio in his basement, writing songs for publicity. He migrated to CANADA, years ago, and is a professional trained musician, he played in an at that time still Yugoslavian, band called SMAK. Just google SMAK, and see for yourself, gigs, audience 10.000-20.000 people, played with DEEP PURPLE. We also will go to the city QUEBEC (my 4th time). It would be nice to meet you. About bass players, I found some lists, most are a mix of JAZZ,ROCK and my favourites SESSION MUSICIANS, they are often anonymous, but they can handle almost every style. Of course there are a lot more famous names, I worked long time on this topic, a NAME, a GOOGLE and a RESULT. Your nephew is he an amateur or semi-professional?. I believe that today a bass player and a drummer get the credits they deserve. I even think that they have more fans than the singer. I would love to see more names, I even forgot one major league player: ROGER WATERS Pink Floyd.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

You forgot Taka Hirose, the bass player from Feeder. He's got to be on that list somewhere...

my number one bass player of all time has to be FLEA from red hot chili peppers. He can play every sort of style there is, especially his heavy rock funk style that he has perfected so well. And also reggie,jazz,blues,pop,rock,blues anything.
And apart from being the best ever bass player he is also a superb trumpet player, he is an excellent musician

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Good list Doc. I agree with Jaco at # 1, but Stanley Clarke is a close #2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7cW2xfWu9s

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

great link.
I have never heard of this Stanley guy but now I am glad it is in my favourites.

But still, Flea still tops it for me. I have looked for something worthwhile in youtube for flea for those that dont know what he can do.
All I could come up with was this link, but I have seen him do much better with a solo doing all sorts of styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYjTNi0jOM

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending