Topic: Feature Request: Adding links to songbooks

I personally use Chordie's songbook feature to build a list of songs that I will practice each month.  This works great because I can see everything I want to work on in one place.  However, often times Chordie won't have a tab I need so I'm forced to get it from another site.  A great example of this is Neil Young tabs...  the tabs at hyperrust.org are all tested and correct so I prefer to use that site for Neil tabs...  And that site obviously isn't indexed by Chordie.

What I would LOVE from Chordie would be the ability to add URLs to my songbook, so I can link to external tabs.  That way I have all my practice songs in one place, whether they are on Chordie or not.

I thought I'd throw that out there...  whether it happens or not, I'll still be a Chordie user...  but it would make my life a lot easier!

Re: Feature Request: Adding links to songbooks

hi ryser
thanks for the comment/thread.
You can add songs if you like from sites that wil guarantee you the correct tabs/chords if you like

Also there is the option in chordie for you to correct the chords if you think they are wrong.
Now, you mention "tabs", this may well be the case that some tabs are wrong in CHORDIE, but since this is CHORDIE dedictated to CHORDS and not TABS, you can always correct chords.

The site is what it is.

Some people like tabs only , some like chords only. But if people want to complain about tabs being wrong then they should conplain to the origial site they werre put on.

i am sorry if I sound a bit off, but this is for chords. There are quiet a fe tabs on as well, so I see this as a bonus for people that like chords as well as tabs.

all the best

Ken
p.s. this is my personal point of view as a chordie user and not as my admistrative status

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Another suggestion is to use the add songs form on chordie that can be found under the resources tab. http://www.chordie.com/addurl.php

That way you get the song you want and help improve chordie at the same time!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Ken -- I was just using the word "tabs" as a generic to represent both tabs and chords.  I use them both and Chordie, really, is good for them both.

I've never used the Add Songs feature...  but from what I understand it's not instantaneous... you may have to wait several weeks before the song appears in the Chordie index.  And even then, you'll have to track down your submitted version from sometimes a dozen or more other versions of the same song.

I can't really say I have the patience to copy and paste the URL for the hundreds of tabs on hyperrust, either...

Thus you can see why I requested what I did!  smile

ahhh ok, so you call chords and tabs by the one word...tabs! lol
ok
fair enough, I can see why you want to have a feature to add URL's to your songbook, but I dont like the idea lol. many might, I jst dont smile

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

There will be a major change in how the songs are added - - very soon.

There will also be a major upgrade in how the site looks --  very soon.

I am not telling you what will happen..:) However I do need a few people for beta testing. You need to know how to edit songs and how to manage your songbook. Send me a mail where you refer to this post. Also give me the names of 1-2 artists that you play a lot.