1 (edited by last_rebel 2008-02-13 17:57:52)

Topic: Its Not Mine

SO I did some experimenting and learned that if you use this shape:

l-x
l-x
l-x
l-3-
l-3-
l-1-
      and slide it to different positions on the fret board, you can make any chord you want and it gives it a nice 'heavy' sound..... perhaps I have discovered a power chord? I don't know much about this kind of thing and I call everything by the wrong names...
ANYWAY, for this song you use this 'power chord' thingy instead of the full chords.

5th fret on E,A, and D strings = A
3rd Fret on E,A and D strings = G
3rd fret but move it up to the A,D and G strings = C

Whenever you come to G, slide back into the A
(If you decide to just use whole chords, use Am)
I play this on acoustic, but you could probly do it on electric too....

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

All You Need is Love smile

Re: Its Not Mine

hi last rebel i'm not certain but i think you found some caged chords,you can slide these through the frets,great song ....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

last_rebel wrote:

SO I did some experimenting and learned that if you use this shape:

l-x
l-x
l-x
l-3-
l-3-
l-1-
      and slide it to different positions on the fret board, you can make any chord you want and it gives it a nice 'heavy' sound..... perhaps I have discovered a power chord? I don't know much about this kind of thing and I call everything by the wrong names...
ANYWAY, for this song you use this 'power chord' thingy instead of the full chords.

Yes, that's a power chord, or more accurately a 5th chord.
There's also another one which is:

l-x
l-x
l-3-
l-3-
l-1-
l-x-

And works exactly the same way. I know 'cause it's one of the few chords I can play! lol

pretty good jas, u?
Thanks tibernius im gonna have to try that out. It really helps smile.
    Yall take it easy,
LR

Last Rebel,

Such a good song. It reminded me of this story.
I had a elderly friend for many years. A real salt of the earth person.  She never lived with any illusions. worked hard all her life.
One of her sons went to Australia. He did exceptionally well for himself. She was very proud of this but never wanted him to lose sight of reality.
On his last visit home he showed her some plans for this mansion of a house
he was building in Australia. Every now and again she would say" And whats
this here, A bathroom Ma! Puffing out his chest with pride. And this ? another bathroom Ma! after he counted out 5 bathrooms in total. She said" God son isnt it an awful pity God only gave you one A## H##e.  lol

Welcome Back LR.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

ha! thats hilarious, i'll have to remember that one big_smile
Thanks Old Doll good to be back,
   LR

great lyrics

i might rock out with that one