Topic: question for admin

is it possible to compile our own songs in our own songbook?

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: question for admin

anybody know the chords to rascal flatt's new song, "winner at a losing game"

hey daddycool, I am by no means the authority here, but I thought I would try to answer your question. I believe you would have to post your song at another web site and then request chordie link to that site / song. Other admins - please chime in if I am incorrect.

From the FAQ:

I am an artist, and would like to have my songs listed on Chordie. How?
Make it available online in chopro-format. Here is an example of a song in this format. You will most likely be able to write this in a text editor like Notepad, but there are some graphical tools available as well. When you've done that, send me the address, and I will include it in Chordie.

http://www.chordie.com/faq.php

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

mgoyne wrote:

anybody know the chords to rascal flatt's new song, "winner at a losing game"

mgoyne - I suggest you pose your question in the "song requests" forum.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

hey daddycool, I am by no means the authority here, but I thought I would try to answer your question. I believe you would have to post your song at another web site and then request chordie link to that site / song. Other admins - please chime in if I am incorrect.

From the FAQ:

I am an artist, and would like to have my songs listed on Chordie. How?
Make it available online in chopro-format. Here is an example of a song in this format. You will most likely be able to write this in a text editor like Notepad, but there are some graphical tools available as well. When you've done that, send me the address, and I will include it in Chordie.

http://www.chordie.com/faq.php

You normally get some space for a website along with your ISP, if you'd prefer to host your songs on your own website.

Hi Daddycool
I asked the same question many moons ago and this was the answer.

Here is how:
You will 'edit' the forum song into the body of a song that is already in your songbook.
1.  Pick a 'victim song' in your personal songbook, one that you can change into the Songwriting Forum song.
2.  Copy the forum song's lyrics and chords and title and subtitle.
3.  Go to your songbook and open the 'victim song' using the green 'edit' button at the end of it's listing.
4.  Now, in the editing pane (the upper one) just zap everything in the victim song EXCEPT it's {t:title} and {st:subtitle} lines.  If you delete these lines, the index will no longer recognize the page - so leave those lines intact and delete everything else.
5.  Now, just paste the forum song into the edit pane just below the victim song's title and subtitle.  Change the forum song's title and subtitle lines into 'comment' lines: {c:title} and {c:subtitle}.
6.  Hit the 'save' button between the panes.  The forum song is now in your songbook, however it is listed there under the title and subtitle of your selected victim song.
7.  You can return to your songbook now and open the forum song now using the regular method, transpose, print, etc.
8.  The forum songs should remain in your private songbook - don't publish that songbook, otherwise it would be the end of civilization as we know it!
This was supplied by James
seems tricky but works ok.
Ark

The Password you gave me is difficult to memorize. Could I change this to my own password? Is there a link to where I can do that? Thanks, al

Hi again! I just saw where I could change my password on admin-thanks-al!

hi daddy
Arkady is right.
I done this ages ago with a song. only annoying thing like he said is it is filed under the "original" songs name. you cannot change the title.
I think this was asked before in " about chordie" and I might be wrong but I tihn kPer said he would look into this in a month or two. I tihnk he will look into it when he has the time.
And as said, do not make this a public book. It will have to remain private for your eyes only.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hi all i was wondering if when we post a song it could go into a file for that artist so all the songs they've posted were in one place instead of being stretched out through the songwriting pages?????stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Daddy
do you mean when you go into the songwriters section it will have a subsection within with all chordians who have submitted their own songs under their own name?

That really is a question for Per.
I dont know if he reads every single part of the forum so I would suggest asking in " about chordie" for that suggestion.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

thanks ken the thing is if we want to access any of our own songs we have to view 10-20 pages to find that song,cause everytime new songs are posted previous songs get moved further&further back,so if we had our own link songs would be on hand but can be accessed through songwriting????stay cool