Topic: TRUE OR FALSE: DREADNOUGHT VERSUS JUMBO

I love to play acoustic.
- I have a few Martin Dreadnoughts.
- I have a Gibson SJ-200
In fact neglect the brands, just compare these two.
Q: Is my impression correct or not = some songs played with a dreadnought really sucks, but when you play that song with "non dreadnought, like an OOO-size, or Jumbo, the song sounds a lot better.
Is this true, or am I wrong? All dreadnought's provide us a quit loud sound, while a OOO or Jumbo gives, add more value. DEPENDING FROM SONG TO SONG.
I played A HARD RAIN by Bob Dylan, with both, and here I have to admit that the song sounds 2x better played with a NON DREADNOUGHT. Is it a wrong interpretation, or is it real?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TRUE OR FALSE: DREADNOUGHT VERSUS JUMBO

Probably real.  If all songs sounded good on all guitars, there'd only be one kind of guitar.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi guys ,
   I agree with zurf , it's real .
I have'nt owned a dreadnought shaped guitar for years but whenever I play my bro's Guild D-4 , I find myself not knowing what make or model I want , but that I got to get one .
   Most of the folky rock stuff I play I think sounds better on my jumbo or minijumbos .
( minijumbos for Simon & Garf. )

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I play a Jumbo and I believe I get a deeper, mellower sound from it than I got with a dreadnought. Having said that - only another player would notice any difference.

Nela

Obviously, the size of the box has a lot to do with it.

I am thinking of buying a jumbo. The first time I played it at the music shop, I wanted to turn the volume down! And I thought it wasn't only louder, but warmer, too.

Me likey.

Just play

I'm glad to read this answers. I have 1 NON-DREADNOUGHT, my GIBSON SJ-200. "IF", having already such a collection, would buy another acoustic, I believe it would be an 000.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]