Topic: Fis????

I've been trying to play Jack Johnson's Situations but I have no idea what "abm" or "Fis" means. Would someone be able to explain this for me. Thanks.

<div class="pre"><pre>[B] Situation number one [abm] It's the one that's just begun [E]                    [Fis]      E But evidently it's too     late      </pre></div>

Re: Fis????

Well the abm is supposed to be written Abm. This means it is an A flat minor. As far as the F chord I have no idea.

This ia an Abm

E-----4---

B-----4---

G-----4---

D-----6---

A-----6---

E-----4---

Eddie

what a great chord Abm is, I just picked up and played that shape of chord up and down the fret vboard and annoyed the faeces out my wife.

Fis, ???? never saw that either

but I am taking a drunken guess ( on a good single malyt glen livet) it might mean F integrigated susstained.

And how do you play that I dont hear you ask? No idea, but I bet there might be away

hic

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Fis is F#

Fes is Fb

its in germany, austria and swiss the name of the chords

And Norway

So the morel to the story is this?

Music is the universal language,

However musical notation is a tower of Babel . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

thanks alot for your help guys

I din't think there was an Fb.  Fb would be an E, correct?

David

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>livebaitman wrote on Thu, 07 December 2006 20&#58;48</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
I din't think there was an Fb.  Fb would be an E, correct?

David
</td></tr></table>

You are right, but I'm reading it as Fis means F#. Ees meaning Eb would have been a better example of a flat, there being no such thing as an Fb.