Topic: THE BABY BOOM

As usual, spending a lot of time surfing on the internet, it is really amazing what you find. Today, thanks to myspace and youtube, you are able (90%) to HEAR how they sound. It is of course still better to hold a guitar in your hands and to play it, but these 2 websites give you already an idea.
Some questions, and answers.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BABY(Taylor, Martin and some other guitars) AND A REGULAR GUITAR. They speak about 3/4, but I am not familiar with this, and I didn't play one, on my last visit in a guitar store. It's getting more and more difficult for me to walk.

WHY BABY BOOM?
I discover more and more brands producing a "baby" guitar.
- BABY TAYLOR
- BABY MARTIN
- MATON (as told, an unknown brand) has also Mini Maton Series
- SEAGULL seems to have one too: MJM6 Mini Jumbo & MJM6 CW GT QII  (more expensive)
- DEAN has two "baby" electric guitars.
Can you consider these guitars as regular guitars, like using them to perform, or in a studio?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE BABY BOOM

I have a baby Martin, I bought it (4 months ago) mainly because I travel a lot on planes and did not like checking my full size guitar as bagage.  The baby fits real nice in the overhead bin and I have yet to have a problem getting it on the plane with about 20 flights under my belt. 

The sound is not as full as the full size, obviously, but I now find I am playing the baby on certain songs because I like the smaller sound.  It is also helping my technique on everything as it seems easier to manouver around the fret board, and my strumming is improved as well.

All in all I am glad I have it.

Brian.

Re: THE BABY BOOM

I have a baby orzark.
It is a weird looking guitar but you get quite a good tone off it.
Problem wit hit because of the shape you must always always wear a strap, even when sitting down

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending