Topic: THE HOOVERDAMNED BLUES

Above is written message. I am aware that some songs are dark, but also that writing becomes easier, I don't know why. THIS MUSIC AND LYRICS ARE MELANCHOLIC.
Most of you, chordians know about my car crash, I started working again, against all advise, and this is important, because right on that spot, the HOOVER dam, I realised that I didn't want to return, anxiety fear, almost no more breathe because I suffered so much that I hated to start over for another year. I also knew what should happen, the verdict: STOP and until today, I can't accept this.

HOOVER DAMNED BLUESby gitaardocphil

I [G6]was driving from [C]state to state,just [C7]in time and not too late

We [G6] ended up, I think [C]it was north, on the border [C7]of Arizona state

Tired [G6], red faced, with white [C] sunglass stripes and [C7]a big pumpkin head

She [G6] said, stop, I [C]like it here, stepped out [C7] and disappeared

I [G6]heard her voice, it[D7]was her cho[C]ice, reflected [G6]by the Hoover dam.

Her[G6] throat was dry,[D7] just like mine[C], dusty,and[G6] that sound oh man

It[C] was the [C7]Hoo[D7]ver dam, the [G6]damned Hoover dam.

She[G6] came back, sur[C]rounded by rainbows, sun [C7]reflected drops so nice

She [G6]asked, please step[C] out of that car, my love, [C7]this dam you won’t see twice

She[G6] had a deep smoked [C]alcohol voice, so scary, [C7] but overwhelmed by noise

It [G6]gave me really bad ideas[C], one push she would fall[C7] down not hearing her voice

That[G6] same old voice[D7], once reflected[C] by the Ho[G6]over dam

Was [G6]gone, [D7] right here, right there[C] and not in Amst[G6]erdam

It[C] was the[C7]Hoover[D7]dam, the[G6]damned Hooverdam.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE HOOVERDAMNED BLUES

Well put the lyrics in, I wanna know what happened!

lol

I'm the son of rage and love

The end, or better, next strophes have, for once I am happy with my lyrics, because right there at that dam, that's why I call it DAM-ned, I realised that it was over.
All those years, being a generalist, and as told on that place, I realised suffering real hard, I do know what pain is now, that I
- hated to return
- afraid, scared and knowing my faith
- this dam is still today, considered by me as THE END of a life.
I will write another 4 lines

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

The end of a life but the beginning of another?

Hé bonedaddy, you are so right, it was an end of a life indeed. I should have been "statistically" dead in September 2000, but I re-started my job in July 2001, with more energy than 1980, when I started to work as a MD.
What almost never happens, happened to me.
1) you grow older together with your patients
2) having a lot of work, followed by the crash and almost 1 year inactivity, it is almost impossible to start it over.
In my case 1) and 2) didn't happen. Patients (75% 15-25 years younger) and within 3 years again too much work. So yes, in fact since end 2004, you can speak of a new beginning. I just CAN'T ACCEPT IT. Adapting yes, if possible.
Strange, I was convinced that I wrote some extra lines, but I admit, it happens that you forget to push on SUBMIT. And this is sometimes catastrophic, all that work for nothing.

Guitardocphil,

Keep what you have written here.
Now change the thought pattern  on what you felt was a ending and finish your song.

I bet this will completely change the way you felt about this moment in that space and time.

Because it has had time to mature!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Did you try to play this?
Just the chords?

8 (edited by bonedaddy 2008-01-07 13:24:03)

Sorry but had to chopro it so I could get the chords to print!

Hooverdamned Blues Words and Music Gitaardocphil

[G6]I was driving [C]from state to state,[C7]just in time and not too late

We ended [G6]up, I think to the [C]north, on the border [C7]of the Arizona state

Tir[G6]ed, red faced, with white [C]sunglass stripes and a [C7]big pumpkin head

She[G6] said, stop, I like it [C]here, stepped out and [C7]disappeared

I heard her voice, it was her choice, reflected by the Hoover dam.

Her throat was dry, just like mine, dusty,  and that sound oh man

It was the Hoover dam, the damned Hoover dam

Lieven,

In another post, you say that this starts with D6add9 but you started this with G6!  Which is correct?

You're right bonedaddy, I forgot it, this is the intro. D6add9, a BIG name for a stupid chord.
It is very simple, just take a D chord, as usual, but remove the second finger
x  x  x  x  x  x
x  x  x  o  x  o
and you go up to fret five, and 7, and back down, without changing your finger position.

My G6 is like this
x  x  x  x  x  x
x  o  x  x  x  x
o  x  x  x  o  x 

How can you put those
- coloured chord names
- diagrams in here?