Topic: where is the topic about critics?

I thought I wrote a topic about the fact, that when I post a song, I would love to have critics.
Critics are VERY helpful in my opinion.
Maybe I am an exception to ask for comment, if the lyrics are bad, I would appreciate that someone tells me why, where I went wrong.
It's thanks to CONSTRUCTIVE critics that my job was a success.
I write NOT USING MY MOTHER TONGUE, but I try to find English phrases. About accents, no problem, I am really surprised how fast I learn other languages. I speak 5 languages too.
If 100 people play the chords written, by me or by others, only a few will play it close to your song.
No problem if you hear and know a tune, you can play it as written.
The intention of writing this was only to learn to improve some skills.
I don't know where my question is now? I was a little bit disappointed.
It was really simple: please help me, without reading a book first, because it isn't about the song, but about the lyrics.
Maybe I am a perfectionist, I always was, and I will always be.
I didn't write about other peoples lyrics, but about mine. If they are bad, I would like to know why.
This is for me the best way to learn writing phrases.
Spoken English, they asked me everytime when I was in the USA, from which state I was, just because I love English, and I can "mimic" every accent you want.
The result is now that, seeing that what I wrote has disappeared, I have problems to post a song.
I might be the only one here who asks to give me suggestions about lyrics, the ONLY reason is I WANT to learn, to see your opinion. I love you all "chordians" and is it too much to ask to correct me? It's about what I write, not about another chordian. I have chosen for this: and I was really happy to see a suggestion this morning about a word sequence, which is now corrected.
That's all I'm asking, and I don't mean to hurt people or their feelings. If I compare my written English today, and last year, there is an improvement, why thanks to you all. I even think in English = I don't write it in DUTCH and translate it, but I think, write and post stuff in English

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: where is the topic about critics?

Hi Lieven,

I can only speak for myself and I am very reluctant to write a harsh critical comment on anyone's song. Whatever I may feel, someone has put a lot of time and effort into writing and posting their song and they think it is good enough, so in reality it is probably just my interpretion of what is put down that is at fault. What I think is wonderful someone else will think is rubbish and vise versa, it is all a matter of opinion and taste.

There are also so many songs and poems being posted now as opposed to a year ago that it is impossible to read, play and comment on every one.

On saying that I have been know to write privately to an individual if I think that they have done something horribly wrong or I can help in some way.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

yep Roger
I agree wit hyou on the commenting on every song.
And people do put a lot of efort into sings and should not be brought down.
I do sometimes mention things that I tihnk might improve a song, or in my eyes it would but that is not to say it is right, but then on the opther hand it might help someone that never knew they needed help,lol.

I never saw any thread called critis I must say.
But I do like critisism, but it is not for everyone so I do not tell everyone what I tihnk of their songs.
one reason being what I said. They might be happy with what they have and are not looking for comments, might just want to share.
Another reason is they might not like what I say and I really do not like hurting peoples feelings so I am learning to keep quieter much more :lo:
also If I write something bad or something the writer does not like then it will look bad to other people reading and make them think I am some sort of loud mouthed heartless son of a newt.

I think if someone asks for comments esp[ecially critisism then fine, give them it,lol. but trying in a nice a way as possible..

Geeeez, I think after typing that I have just learned something new, or realised something more about myself.

Cheers

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well I'll go on the record as saying I don't mind criticism (to myself or anybody else), as long as its given in a respectful way. Even if anybody just doesn't like it I don't mind a 'hey hate to be the one to tell you but you kind of bombed on this one', or 'you could do alot better'. What does offend me is pointless 'you suck!'s and insults, because it doesn't help anybody get better, it just tears people down. Now if somebody's comin' on with something just terrible, (haven't really seen anything that bad on here yet) I think it would be appropriate to maybe hint that song writing's not thier niche, maybe in a nice way like, 'I like your musical abilities better than your lyrycs...' I think the key would be 'constructive' criticism...
   Personally I appreciate criticism, positive and negative, particularly from people like Old Doll and James, and jas, and others who I know really want to help.
Anyway thats my two cents, let's keep it nice and respectful folks smile
LR

All You Need is Love smile

ROGER (BIG BRO) UYK and last but not least, here he is the famous last_rebel.
I wrote this, just because it sounded good. Well, I agree for 100%, that
- MY QUESTION IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER.
- MY INTENTIONS ARE GOOD, BECAUSE, and this might be a MISUNDERSTANDING, I ASKED THIS TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH, ESPECIALLY WHEN WRITTEN.
- IF I, OR ANOTHER CHORDIAN ASK TO CRITIC, ALWAYS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS, MY SONG, NOT ABOUT THE TUNE, BUT ABOUT THE LINES I WROTE, IF THEY ARE CORRECT, AND IF I MISSPELLED A WORD, OR THE WORD SEQUENCE IS WRONG, EVEN WHEN YOU TRY TO PLAY IT, AND YOU HAVE THE FEELING THAT YOU SHOULD USE ANOTHER CHORD, SOUNDING BETTER.
AND REBEL, EVERY SINGLE WORD IS CORRECT, as is ROG & KEN.
If someone tells me: this really sucks, and you ask why, they don't really know why.

Professional Critic writers are almost always those who failed to write songs. I was also a DOC in the biggest theatre in Belgium, and at least 5 times, they phoned me to come, why: TO PLAY THE DIRECTOR in scenes about "sickness", about "how to die as realistic as possible. ( the wedding reception was in that theatre, 100 years old, and one of the most beautiful early 1900 decor). It is also strange to be an artist doctor, they were my heroes, 10 years before.
There was one guy, a so called professional critic who HATED every play, written in papers (the best was that the only good critic was, the doc who directed the "die" scene, boys THAT was fun). They all called me. That guy well he had a face to hit real hard, and after one year, on the radio, newspapers, the result was that the worse the critic, the more people came to see this "play."
So even if I ask to correct me, you still don't like to do it? I can live with that, because you are telling the truth. Maybe the best solution is to do what you tell, I am aware that even when asked you and I are afraid to "hurt someone's feelings," while I asked to CORRECT words. It is maybe unusual to ask this, and I do hope that this answer is accepted.
all my love for all of you, and thanks for these "logical answer". It is difficult indeed, even when I ask to correct words, there is still the "maybe I hurt him" factor.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Lieven
I dont think I saw a topic called "critic" because I think the one you might have wrote regarding critisism is called " new year wish" ?

Ye mention in there about critisism.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken, my friend, I was so busy yesterday. You know that kind of days, unexpected people on unexpected moments, and the more I think about it, the more are the odds that I wrote it, without pushing SUBMIT.
I am, finally busy to try and put some songs here. I have hundreds, empty lyrics, lalala & lyrics, some with lyrics.
What is strange here: the fact that when I start a song, it takes very little time.
I just posted a song, written in 2001, yep, 6 months after my crash. I have at least a dozen of songs about this event. It makes sense, it changed my life, it ruined my life, I was proud, good looking (so they say, the woman), a fancy expensive car (you have to see this as my living room, spending more hours in my car) I was quit popular, all girlfriends, 15-25 years younger, a ** you mentality, going where I wanted to go, and in a split second = finished. I started again, even more motivated than when I finished my studies, and where usual patients grow with their doctor, my patients 75% = 18-25 years. Strange, and 3 years later, I had 25 patients a day, still growing. I stopped working, I couldn't stand the pain, I lived on pain killers, and was destructing myself. There was no other solution Ken, and I was insured so high, that, it will start soon, I will earn more money, than I earned working. As long as you can prove everything. What I don't understand is the fact that if you have mental problems, you get nothing. I just have to show one x-ray, and everyone stops talking. So a lot of these songs are about this event. The one I posted now, is one of my favourites.

here he is

Here SHE is, big_smile hate to be correcting everybody all the time. Maybe I should start signing my posts as Hannah so people know....
Hope I can help in the future doc,
LR

All You Need is Love smile