Topic: RESPECT OR NOT

What is your opinion about artists, having a huge hit, but refusing to sing their big hit, just because they hate to perform that song, like RADIOHEAD and CREEP.
For me, hating their song or not, it is DISRESPECTING the people who buyed the song, giving the Band the opportunity to become very big.

I can understand the band singing that song for the 87.321 time, but IT IS NOT DONE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: RESPECT OR NOT

yeah its bad crack all round they are basically saying ok we made a whole load of money off that but now we dont have to do it, maybe they have to pay chrissy hynd royalties every time they do it?

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez

I don't have a problem with it.(artists not playing their "hit" song) One song does not make or define what a musician is all about, unless it's one of those American Idol dweebs. I realize that people pay a lot of money for concerts but the average song is only 4 minutes long and if one is willing to spend that much money for 240 seconds of one small piece of what make the entire artist, then shame on them. Many times in live performances a theme is presented and sometimes a "popular" song from said artists do not fit within the parameters of the attempted theme. Me personally, I'll not spend $100 to see a band that has only one song I like. I will spend that much money if the band has a vast array of tunes that cater to my liking..........

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Depends on where they are in their career.  For someone like Charlie Daniels Band who has had hit after hit after hit, they can't possibly do every single one.  However, when I have seen Charlie Daniels Band, they ALWAYS do 'Devil Went Down to Georgia.' 

I went to see a day of concerts one time.  I think you may all remember my affection for sissified 70's Folk/Pop music.  John Denver was going to be at the concert, and I wasn't going to miss John Denver at a free concert.  So my wife and I went.  John Denver came out and he had planned to sing karaoke style to canned instrumentation.  But the canned instrumentation screwed up and he excused himself from the stage.  I was sorely disappointed.  Another artist played for a bit, and then John Denver came back out and explained that the Indigo Girls were kind enough to lend him a guitar.  He apologized for not being able to perform his new work for us as he had planned, but he was pleased to perform some old favorites for us on the borrowed guitar.  Frankly, I was thrilled.  But the morale of the story is that there's more than one way to look at it.  It's all in the attitude of the artist of whether they are refusing to play something old out of boredom or malice or if they are trying to give you a treat with something new.  Attitude is a very difficult thing to measure from the audience. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

way to many artists take people for granted!so what if they make so much money the wouldn't only for the people buying their cds and stuff!i agree i think its total disrespect!!!!!!!!
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX tongue:P:P:P:O:O:O:O:O:P:P:P:P:O:O:O:O

Sometimes a band will put out a song that was only done in recording because the music industry wanted it that way.
Then again you have those like "Axle Rose" that are great and they know they are great and don't care about the fans.
Sometimes it's the music industry and sometimes it's the artist.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...