Topic: Upbeat Christmas songs?

We are playing for a Christmas Party and need some upbeat type Christmas songs. I'm looking for chords for "Run, Run Rudolph" or the Springsteen version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Any other ideas would also be helpful.
Thanks

2 (edited by dino48 2007-11-27 06:59:42)

Re: Upbeat Christmas songs?

chuck berry wrote run,run rudolph.you might try little saint nick ,by the beach boys,rockin around the christmas tree by brenda lee.bobby helms also wrote a good xmas song,jingle bell rock,check for it in chordie.john lennon,and the judds also had some good xmas songs. you can also go to the M and look at misc. christmas songs,theres about three hundred songs there. Hope this helps. good luck.  dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

how about happy xmas (war is over). john lennon.

Try "Angel Interceptor" and "There's a Star" by Ash.

5 (edited by bcollins 2007-12-02 01:11:47)

"Hey Santa" by Carnie and Wendy Wilson ~1994 is upbeat.  I can't seem to find it online though.

wat about grandma got run over by a reindeer brilliant song and very upbeat

problems are only solutions in work clothes smile

i dont recall seeing santa mentioned anywhere at christ crucifiction come to think i dont think the easter bunny was included in the dead sea doucuments and there wasent any upbeat jiveass cymbal players, santa is a retailers messiah remember the reason for the season.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell, I am Christian, and what you write is correct EVEN MORE, who threw the "merchants" out of the temple? Also, about the Koran, interpreted different, like about women. The thing I WILL NEVER understand is how a war can start, because my God is better than yours (example) For me God is everywhere. People BELIEVE since mankind in thunder, lightning, so this people should be excluded? It is a fact that everything now turns around gifts, SONGS and the essential is neglected.

What is the best upbeat? Maybe SLADE? Merry Christmas Everybody. Or Elvis.
Elvis Presley       Blue Christmas / Love Me Tender
Elvis Presley     Merry Christmas Baby / Santa Claus Is Back In Town

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil  i am a christian under construction. i have long had these feelings about the comercialization of the birth of jesus christ,what you say about wars started because one god was better or the only one this is the reason and the justification for the actions that people give when they commit atrocities against the human race in the name of their god.i dont recall any scripture that tells us to slit your neighbors throat or blow yourself up in a crowded resturant taking innocent people with you and you will be rewarded by your god.its 8:am i need to get some breakfast this is strong dialog for this early in the day.russell

"Growing old is not for sissies"