Topic: "New" Here

Howdy y'all, I've been coming to this site for about 2 years now, but decided to register on a whim.

I've been playing guitar for 3 and a half years, been playing piano since I was 4 years old.
I'm in 2 bands, as the lead/rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist in a blues/rock band, and a lead guitarist in a heavy metal band.

My biggest musical influences are Slash (Guns N Roses), Jimi Hendrix, Travis Stever & Claudio Sanchez (Coheed and Cambria), and Dimebag Darrel (Pantera, Damageplan).

I'm big on writing music, not lyrics, music, I can't work with words for some reason. I write mainly in a blues/rock/metal style, and I am starting to write in the symphonic power metal style.

I listen to just about every style of music, but I am mainly into Symphonic Power Metal (Nightwish, Sonata Arctica), Blues/Rock (Jimi Hendrix, Chuck Berry), Heavy Metal (Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Pantera), Folk Metal/Black Metal (Finntroll, Arch Enemy, Dethklok), and Progressive Rock (Coheed and Cambria, Styx, Rush, Yes).

As my username suggests, I am big into ancient myths, mainly Greek, Norse, and American Indian myths.

Anyways, just a little info about me, just wanted to say hey to everybody.

Re: "New" Here

Hello Siege of Troy and welcome to chordie's forum!

Lots of people from around the world here.  Many different tastes and talents.  This site and this forum are excellent resources.

My primary interest is writing songs - I have big fun working with words.  I like anything that has lyrical content that I find interesting.  I don't care who they are or what style they play - if the words are intriguing, then I am an avid listener.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Welcome

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

What's your guitar(s), Siege?  If Slash is an influence, I'm guessing something with a couple humbuckers in it!  and I'm going to guess boss distortion pedal & a marshall half stack is involved as well.

I have in the way of guitars

Fender Stratocaster
Modifications:Double-stack pickups in the neck and mid positions
Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge position.
Single-coil/Humbucker toggle switch

Alvarez Acoustic/Electric Nylon String

Carlo Robelli Steel String Acoustic

I just got rid of an ESP LTD MH100 with a Floyd Rose, but I'm getting a Dean Dime o' Flame for my graduation.

Pedals:
Boss Metal Zone Distortion Pedal
Morley Wah Pedal
Digitech RP600

Amps
Carlsbro GLX100 (even though I like Slash, I've never liked playing through Marshal amps)
Boss 100 watt (not sure what model, it looks like a custom job done at home)

well howdy, (do I detect a southern background perhaps?) big_smile
  I think its great that your mixing blues in with your metal music, the best music comes from a mixture of influences. Maybe you could post a link for us to hear some of your work?

All You Need is Love smile

Nope, not southern at all, born in Montana, in Ohio at the moment, but still clinging to my western roots Planning on moving back to Montana in the next year or so.

I'm getting a digital recorder real soon, so I will post some of my work as soon as possible. Don't have a camera, or I'd have a buttload of vids on youtube

ah I see western then, well thats where the yall came from lol

All You Need is Love smile