Topic: Taylor defect ???

Recently purchased a new Taylor GA3 with cosmetic but visable defect. Over the past year, after trying about ten different guitars and bying three (AlverezRF SeagullS6 and a used Martin D15) I finally decided a new Taylor GA3 was worth the money and the best in every way for me. I started lessons about 9 months ago and practice  daily.

Here is my question. My new Taylor has a one inch long very narrow gap where the neck fretboard trim meets the guitar top. The gap under the trim is wide enough to notice (opposite side of the pick guard). The dealer (here in Seattle) tells me the instrument is perfect except for this insignificant detail (possibly due to a shim). One reason I bought Taylor is the reputation for high standards. Has anyone out there have any thoughts on this?

The warranty guy at the dealer said he has never seen this before.

Thanks for any input.

Al O (aropanda1@aol.com)

Re: Taylor defect ???

Keep on them until you're 100% satisfied. If you do not get a satisfactory response from whom you are dealing with, go above them, and above them,etc. Taylor stands by their product 100% and if you, the buyer, are not happy Taylor is not happy. Stay persistant and this problem will be corrected to your satisfaction.

Give everything but up.

Southpaw1l,

Thanks for your encouagement. The dealer took back the TaylorGA3 for complete refund.
I have ordered a GA4 as an upgrade and replacement for that GA3 through the same dealer. I feel it will match my style as I progress into finger pick style.

Al (aropanda1@aolo.com)

Wise choice, your gonna have a friend for life now! (GA4)

Give everything but up.