Topic: Nick Drake

Is it me or
is Nick Drake's work absolutely amazing?

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

Re: Nick Drake

not just you, he was an amazing tallent and sadly missed even after all this time

bloody good bloke!

I'm the son of rage and love

4 (edited by Tibernius 2007-11-18 16:48:58)

Who?!?

Nick Drake, English singer/songwriter, killed himself after about 4 albums in the 70's but great songs!

bonedaddy wrote:

Nick Drake, English singer/songwriter, killed himself after about 4 albums in the 70's but great songs!

Never heard of him. Until now.
Was he Solo only or was he in a band as well?

I believe it was just him, maybe some session players as well.  I'm not an expert but wiki probly has an article on him, various websites/fansites etc....

I never heard of him myself, I did Google it and there is a Nick Drake website. WWW.nickdrake.com

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!

There's a page on wikipedia about him too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Drake

Nick Drake a great talent cut short.
Mind you I always fancied his sister Gabrielle. Starred in TV series UFO.
Oh Dear that does age me some what.
Ark

She was a corker wasn't she!!!

I was confused, thinking it was Nick Cave, what can you tell me about Nick Drake?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Buy one of his albums and find out , he`s pretty hard to categorise , then if you like that get John Martyn`s Solid Air a tribute to Nick

You can`t wind me up , I`m electric.

I was just reading that Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes Robinson's was influenced greatly by Nick Dake.  I haven't heard any of his stuff, but I plan to

Acoustic: Yamaha F-310, Washburn WD-32SW

I just read that there is now a NICK DRAKE box, (he only made 3 albums ) and I believe the box is something like Fruit Tree (I'm not sure, but I saw an article somewhere)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I know only one song from Nick Drake - Pink Moon - but i love it! and i'm sure that all the other songs are great, too.

living in a guitar world.

Fruit Tree has been out for years and the vinyl copy I had contained 4 albums:

1. Pink Moon
2. Bryter Later
3. Time of no reply
4. Five Leaves Left

There are also other albums - Nick Drake A treasury and Made to love Magic

You should really try to get hold of some of his music you wont be dissapointed