Topic: trem question

Hey,

I'm looking at purchasing a Jackson Flying V from a local music shop for £250 (around $500) however, the only thing putting me off is that it's a string through body and I like having the choice of using my trem.
Would it be possible to fit a floating trem (floyd rose or something like it) to a string through body? Or would it just look terrible.
Before you think I'm completely stupid, I do know that this will mean fitting a whole new bridge, and then I will somehow need to fill the holes in the body.
If possible, would this be an easy thing? Or would I just be wasting my time and should I be looking at buying a guitar with the trem already there??

Ben

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

Re: trem question

A huge waste of time and money. Find another guitar.

Give everything but up.

Ok, cheers for your input.
Anyone else agree/disagree?

vheissou, I have a Gibson Flying V, same price (maybe a little bit more expensive). The problem you mention is not all, try to sit and play, as Paul Simon sings: "slip sliding away.".
I am going to try, alternatives, let's say in a budget up to 300£.
I will write another topic, as I did, and look to find some guitars. I wrote already about decent and affordable guitars, and if I use this in an answer on your question, other people can also see what I found.
About agree/disagree, I can only tell you that I have that Gibson. A killer sound, but I can not play in vertical position, due to problems, so I have to sit, and to play the V sitting....

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Phil,

Your right as a "V" is hard to play sitting down I use to have one and traded it for that reason. "V's" can be made with trems on them but you have to really have to want one and like to play standing up.

Bootlegger.

Boot, it would be for performing with, so I would definitely be standing and moving around a lot.
Are the ones with trems as standard expensive?

Ben

You can build Randy Rhoads V type for around a $750.00 american.

Bootlegger.

If it doen't have to be a Flying V, just similar style, have a look at this:

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefro … =236208838

That is a copy of a B.C. Rich Warlock.

Bootlegger.