Topic: stupid question

This is probubly a stupid question, but what does 4/4 means?

Re: stupid question

Definition I found
4/4 time-4 notes in a measure and the quarter note gets the beat.
This term is used to specify the number of beats in each bar and what is the note value of one beat.

Mostly, time signature consists of 2 numbers, one on top of the other. Time signature appears at the beginning of the piece in a musical score. There are simple and compound time signatures, in a simple time signature the upper no indicated the number of beats there are in a bar; and the lower number indicates the note value which represents one single beat also known as the beat unit. The most easy time signatures are 2/4, 3/4, 4/4.

Oh thanks.:) Now I know that.:)

No such thing as a stupid question.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Oh sure there is.  But that wasn't one. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

Oh sure there is.  But that wasn't one. 

- Zurf

I prefer to believe that there are just stupid people asking questions.

But to your point, this isn't one of them, either.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

This is fun again:
THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS, ONLY STUPID ANSWERS.
I worked as a MD, if I should write down all the questions people asked me, I think I should be able to write a best-seller. My opinion: IF SOMEONE ASKS SOMETHING=THAT THIS PERSON HAS A PROBLEM with a particular problem. I also admit that some questions, especially when they try to ask the question using medical words. It did happen that I had to go outside for 30 seconds, because the way they used the terminology was really hilarious, and try to be serious at that moment: it is impossible. I don't know if you use that phrase too (about the questions) Oh boy, I can write really a book about this. I also agree that people ask questions, knowing the answer, but they want confirmation.
I love you all guys.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Seeing as this is already about time sigs, how do I play a 4/6 beat?

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

"there's no problem ....only solutions" -  John Lennon.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

No such thing as a stupid question, only questions to which you don't know the answers!

I'm the son of rage and love

<Seeing as this is already about time sigs, how do I play a 4/6 beat?>

That's basicly 16 beats every 4 bars or two and third every bar, a sort of wonky waltz time. Would need a really good drummer and sound odd me thinks. Did I get the math right?

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

vheissu wrote:

Seeing as this is already about time sigs, how do I play a 4/6 beat?

I've seen 6/4, which is six beats per measure each quarter note gets one beat. 

I've never seen 4/6.  In 4/6, you'd have 1/6th notes getting one beat and four beats per measure.  I didn't even know there is such a thing as a 1/6th note.  It would be like cut time triplets, but four of them, which makes no sense to me.  It would be extremely difficult to count and seems like it would be one of those timings that would have to be felt rather than counted. 

Then again, maybe counting isn't that important after all.  There's a band in my area called the Dixie Jazz Quartet that has five members. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

?

I'm the son of rage and love

Zurf wrote:

Then again, maybe counting isn't that important after all.  There's a band in my area called the Dixie Jazz Quartet that has five members. 

- Zurf

Nice one! Which area are you in, I'll remember to count my change if I ever shop there?!