Topic: Misouri Breaks

Missouri Breaks                   m.a.mcvicker 2002

The wind blew hard against my face.
Your love lifted, without a trace.
I stood long upon that hill.                                                                         
Praying I could, find the will.                                                                               
I never thought, I'd be left alone out here.
Wandering so far, to find someone dear.

When Missouri breaks, it's all you can do
to hold her hand and ride it through.
She'll kick and thrash,
she'll bite and chew.
Just hold her hand and ride it through.

Missouri doesn't like it
when the sun shines through.
You can't make her happy
or pleased with you.

You can hold her, and bless her;                                                                       
calm her, if you can.
But when it's all over,                                                                                   
She'll drop you, where you stand.

Be warned, my friend, when you find her out there.
It's best to have a plan.
When Missouri breaks down                                                                                 
on the love you bear.
She'll drop you, where you stand.

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: Misouri Breaks

hi marc lovely lyrics ,am ireading it wrong to assume misouri breaks is some kind of storm?...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

3 (edited by marcalan 2007-11-09 14:39:44)

The Missouri breaks is an area of rough terrain on the upper missouri river I think in montana it is a national monument. But it is the rough terrain I'm speaking of; such is love, yeah? And of course the play on words with misery. I was raised in misery or was that missouri? just foolin' about....marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Hi Marcalan,

I love this kind of song, Great description and imagery.

Well done!

Old Doll.

Also made me think of the film " Misery".

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hmm I could have swore I'd commented on this before I left, but anyway I was going to say that I love the title and theme 'Missouri Breaks'. It just really clicks you know what I mean.
I can think of the uphill trek through piney thicket in the winter time when I'd be trying to get home before the sun went down, the coyotes howling already (such a cold lonely sound) and I was cold and tired, and probably in big trouble lol I was bad about going off in the woods without asking and staying gone too long.
I know I'm rambling but the point is that I can relate to this song, that the words stir up memories and effectively capture that 'high lonesome' feeling.

All You Need is Love smile