Topic: How to make a guitar Lick

http://thefreeguitarlessons.blogspot.co … -lick.html

Came up with something that might help some of the beginners in making their own solos...the most simplest way of them all.. Same chord/same note

I hope this helps..

Re: How to make a guitar Lick

Or you can just learn the scales and then making licks will become easier and repeatable!

yeah of course...
u should have some idea of the notes...it is one of the most simplest techniques i know

I have been playing guitar off and on for about ten odd years - I have only now really got into soloing!
I picked up little riffs here and there, but I mainly played songs;heaps of chords-heaps of songs.
What I am trying to say is this - Basically concentrate on one scale pattern - the most popular by far is the minor Pentatonic shape - Learn not only the technique involved, but also the SOUND- train your ear!This is really important!
To really begin to understand how scales fit in with chords, play blues based riffs - mainly in E and A - then solo over the blues riff using the E or A minor pentatonic shape.This will get you started on your journey, there is heaps out there, this is just a taste test. I am now up to the modes(wish me luck).

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

best of luck man

umarboy,

That's the exact reason why you should be using scales!  When you learn scales, you also need to know where the notes are.  In order to play the right key (ie A, E, Am, Dm, etc.), you must know where your root note is--and at which fret! 

Of course, one can come up with riffs and licks that sound good.  But, often cannot be repeated!  Knowing how to play licks within a certain chord/key will help you make music!  Not just noise! 

umarboy wrote:

yeah of course...
u should have some idea of the notes...it is one of the most simplest techniques i know