Topic: Morgan Monroe

Excuse me all. I made an error on one of the links I sent. this is the correct one:

http://www.folkwood.com/page2329.htm

Joe Fitz

Re: Morgan Monroe

Joe Fitz, I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THESE GUITARS, I was really amazed, and so I wanted to describe this guitar. They are made in Korea I think. I go also to myspace and youtube to see if you can hear the guitar. The top of the line is Morgan Monroe Deluxe Vintage Style Acoustic Guitar M-50 and this model feature:
    * A pre-aged, vintage toned “AA† Solid Sitka Spruce top
    * Scalloped pre-war forward shifted X-bracing
    * Solid rosewood back and sides
    * Mahogany neck
    * Ebony fingerboard and bridge
    * Vintage style keys with butter bean buttons
    * Japanese ivoroid binding and bridge pins
    * 43mm bone nut and saddle.
Price 999$ and similar to a Martin, if you compare the wood used.
Nice guitar. Do you own a guitar like this?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Joe it's me again, go to youtube and you see a lot. Example: Blueridge versus Morgan Monroe.
I quote: the Morgan Monroe M-15. is one of the best D-18 replica.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil,  Sorry for the late response. We took a small vacation to get away from the smoke here in Southern California.
According to Trad Tillwell from folkofthewood.com the MM's were never produced in the US, but in Korea for a while, now all in China.
Mike Schwab from mike.shs@shsaudio.com tracked down a guitar shop about 50 miles from away that has a few in stock. Tomorrow the shop is sending the info on their stock.
Everyone I have spoken with that is familiar with MM says it's the best kept secret in acoustic instruments.
I soon as I find time, I'll drop in and see what I think. No I do not have one YET, but after a few nice gifts for the Lady of the House, I'm sure I'll be picking on one.
I tip my hat to all involved with chordie forum. One hell of a site.
Joe Fitz

5 (edited by Guitarpix 2007-11-01 02:06:32)

I think I've posted this before but just incase you haven't seen it here's Guitar Worlds video review of the Morgan Monroe M50 http://shsaudio.com/Morgan%20Monroe%20M50V.mov  I got mine about 6-7 months ago and thus far she has been wonderfull. Just some pics of mine... http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id … amp;size=l
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id … amp;size=l
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id … amp;size=l

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey Joe (HENDRIX OR DYLAN?) I was convinced that I wrote that these guitars are made in Korea, my mistake.
Pix & Joe, they make it very easy for us, looking on youtube, and myspace. It gives you an idea of the sound (ACOUSTIC), electric gives you also an idea, until they start playing using effects.

Yep, chordie is an incredible site. I have responsibilities now, which means lesser topics, but I am not longer so expulsive, and I think that my topics are more to the point now. Creating one is really nice, but before you write... I always check my information, I was so busy since 3 years with music sits, looking on wikipedia for a band, take Buffalo Springfield, and digging deeper by looking who are the members

Doc, Jimi or Bob? Depends on the mood. One of the beautiful things about music is it's ability to brighten your life.
Buffalo Springfield, too much talent in one place. Luckily in my 56 years I have seen them and most of the follow up groups perform. It seems to be an endless search with these guys.
I ran across some Morgan Monroe guitars on ebay. If some one is interested, go to Item #140174012576. They have several listed at very good prices. Joe Fitz

Doc and G-pix,
Finally traveled a bit to play a M-20V and a M-50, ($799 and $999) Fine Instruments. Damn sure wanetd to bring one home, but had a prob with the string separation. Big man, big fingers.The tones still rings in my ears. It was worth the trip though.
Peace to All