Topic: Tabs - How To Read

i have been playing guitar since i was about 8 i am now 14 , i am a dj so i dont reali have alot of time to practise coz im always out n about or practising mixxing

ive decided to take music gcse in ma school nwo i can play the guitar quite well but my downfall is tabliture
]

the song i would like to do is guns n roses : welcome to the jungle

i just love the guitar in it when it starts off with the solo it is a killer

i cant understand actually any of this lool i hope you can help me please thanks

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 24218.html

i kno there is more than 1 guitar but i need some way to only do 1 gutar but make it sound basicly the same

and i am getting a new guitar , ma mam says im alowed up to 160£ here is were im getting it from i hope you can help thankyou

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pag … earchType=

thanksss

Re: Tabs - How To Read

el-----
Bl-----
Gl---------
Dl----------
Al--------
El-------

the line= which string
  number= which fret you put your finger on

/ or s= slide to (example: 4/5 means hit on fourth fret slide to fifth)
  p= pull off
  h= hammer on
  ^ = bend string
  ~= wiggle string

All You Need is Love smile

thank you soooooo much last_rebel , do you think welcome to the jungle is a good choice ??

well if you've been playing that long you got me whupped by a few years friend lol, Im mainly an acoustic player, but I do read tabs and plunk around on the electric occasionally. I'd reccommend some AC/DC, try Back in Black and Hell's Bells....
I think you'll just have to try it and see, its a great song, but you'll get a feel for your level after awhile

All You Need is Love smile

last_rebel wrote:

I'd reccommend some AC/DC, try Back in Black and Hell's Bells....

Kurt Cobain learnt to play the guitar by playing Back in Black, so I'd say that's a good choice.

Try Basket Case or Welcome To Paradise by Green Day. Really basic songs (or at least some sections are).