I grew up, faster than a tree can do in his long life
   D                   F#                  G                 D
It's also strange to realise, that we are here to die
   D                   F#                      G                        D
The weirdest thing is we are here but nobody knows why

Dm                 G7                  A                        Dm
Even knowing many things, like joy, fun, sadness and cry
    Gm7              A                     Gm7                   A           
They never told me one big thing, are we born just to die?
   Gm7                  A                   Gm7                   A
I even don't know if there is a God, or just an empty sky?

D                 F#                   G                   D
I always ask myself, it is strange being born to die.
    D                  F#                   G                    A7         A (use a hard cry)
Nobody answered me, asking many times what we are doing here.
   D             F#               G                D
I just can hope that someone, something is out there 
   D           F#               G                 D
Giving a purpose to live for before we die.

Even knowing.....

There are far more verses, going up to a certain climax. The song, the chords, are absolutely not just strumming. It is difficult to explain, because it is a mix: strumming and t the same time a kind of giving it a much warmer feeling by placing my fingers, better a finger on a string and change positions, like on the A and D string, by going, playing the D chord, or the A chord, with that finger from 3th fret to 2nd fret, back up and followed almost immediately by a similar movement on D string coming from the A string.
Sorry folks, it isn't that easy as it looks, but even the chords are not the easiest ones, like Gm7, is a beautiful chord when playing it sounds like a sad, melancholic jazz chord.
I wrote that one back in september 2000, a few months after my car crash, which results, driving 60 miles/h and hitting a tree, in a miracle, because 999.999 people die immediately. I also "died" 2 times, a cardiac arrest, but they brought me back. I am 100% considered as disabled, BUT I can still walk even using almost always crutches. During that period, I started working again, but had to stop. RESULT: A LOT OF QUESTIONS, like the purpose of life " Why are we born? from the moment we are born, we start to die. why someone dies driving 20 miles/h and why I am still here. Is there a God? and why have a lot of people nothing, like Somalia. I can go on for hours, but I NEEDED to put this song here

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: MINI MYSTIC LIFE SONG

I love that first verse Doc.
The rest is good too but that first verse is amazing. I will try this later and I might steal it off you,lol.

Also the line about an empty sky is good but I have heard it before ( not that there is anything wrong with that and I am sure you never got it from the same place as I have heard it) on Stiff little fingers " guitar and drum" album in the song called " empty sky" fantastic lyrics I tihnk.

But well done and hopefully ye will get the rest typed down.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Nice one, Doc.  Sorry to hear about the accident and glad you're recovered enough that your presence on site can help so many.

Love those chords
BoneDaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

hi gitaardocphil i suppose there's a lot of speculation where we go after death but we have to have some hope that life carries on or what is the point in being here ...great song...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Docs,

Lovely heartfelt song. Very thought provoking!

Well done.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks. This is a hard song for me, asking and having so many confusing thoughts. The lines (on 1 I wrote with a hard cry, are probably from JOHN LENNON in his song MOTHER.
It is a song to think about a lot of things, and the approach is
1) as a man of science.
2) as a living human being, is there a God, and if, why do a lot of people so much. But SEE point 1.
I start from birth, the moment that you are born we all know, but growing up results in death. So we are born to die. I have thinking about all possible reasons, in my opinion is "to pass your genetic material to your child, once born, same destination.
What are we doing in between? working like a dog, robbery, crime, also the ability to LOVE, which is on of the most important things in your life. In what I wrote here, now, some lines are part of the rest of the song, I will write more, because I didn't have the courage. Even more strange is me, thinking of other people, why they are dead and I'm still here.
Keep it going the discussion, but this one belongs more on Chordie's Chat Corner.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]