Topic: "Like Totally"

Here's a little ditty about disaffected youth.  I't sort of snarky, but they make an easy target.

Like TotallyJames McCormick, October 16, 2007

I'm like [D]totally disinterested, and [G]all the world is [D]sour

[A]Cryptic runes upon my skin [G]give me magic [A]powers

I'll [D]swoon a bit, slouch around, [G]make an artful [D]pout

My [A]counter-cultural fashion sense is [G]thoroughly de-[A]vout

I'm like [G]totally mis-[D]understood, like [G]totally un-[D]ique

[A]All my friends we feel the same be-[G]cause we are so [A]deep

Our [G]heros they all [D]die so young, [G]life is so un-[D]fair

This [G]ignorance is [D]blissful, don't [A]make me try to care

I'll [D]change my hair to change the world, [G]then I'll change my [D]clothes

To [A]fight against injustice I got [G]piercings in my [A]nose

My [D]lifestyle is the battleground, my [G]flesh is the front [D]line

I'm [A]fighting to end oppression one [G]tattoo at a [A]time

Yeah, [G]I am fierce, [D]I am cool, I [G]am all that and [D]more

I'm [A]ready for my close-up, [G]ready to the [A]core

We [G]got no time for [D]amateurs, [G]got no time for [D]cute

Stop [G]telling us it's [D]just a phase, the [A]angst is abso-[D]lute

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: "Like Totally"

hi james, this fits to my youngest son ,he slouches around wont go to school thinks he's the bees knees and generally disrupts anybody' life just cause he's got no direction in his life ,any way another brilliant post ...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

cool 

Very nice.  You have a talent for getting to the core of a person's goofiness and mocking them for it with gentle good humor.   I'm not sure how mocking can be gentle, but you've got a corner on it apparantly.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well Captured James,

How observent are you? Ive met loads of these young people in my days.

Somehow some of them grow up to become sensible adults.T G.

I also have rune stones, In a bag. { Somehow that doesent sound right! Ah
you know what i mean James!! "A gift i got from a friend."

Great Lyrics!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Brilliant James,

There are so many youngsters that fit snugly into this category and, as Old Doll has already pointed out, how ever any of them become sensible adults is beyond me.

Good song to play and sing, excellent lyrics.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you all for understanding that I am not trying to overly critical, but rather just a little satirical.  I was an adolescent once myself (way way back before piercings and tattoos) but my generation had our own fashion affectations.

Actually, I like people of all ages and have noticed that absurd fashion choices are not exclusive to younger people - it's just that they feel it's all so very very important.

haha, nice one James. I'm going to the mall in a minute coincidentally, and I'm sure I'll see plenty that reminds me of this song.

All You Need is Love smile

Actually, last_rebel, 'What I saw at the mall' is probably a great idea for a song . . . I live in a small town with no mall.  But we do have a Wal-Mart Supercenter (which I avoid as much as possible). 

Next time I have to go there, I'll try to actually observe rather than just get what I'm there for and get out as fast as possible.

Yeah I moved down to the city a year ago, hadn't been to the mall in years, talk about a culture shock. The town I'd been livin' in had a super walmart, but it was full of folks in wranglers and wife beaters, NOT strange multicolored hair and tight britches with chains hanging off of them. Its funny now lookin' back on how "goin' to town" was such a big deal, pilin' up into a car overstuffed with cousins and aunts and uncles and grandpas just to go to wal mart.
I don't much care for the mall myself, seems to me its the same old stuff, just spread out. You do twice the walkin' and you pay twice the price.... it is nice every once in a while for a  shopping spree (Im not real big on shopping, but being a girl I do like to go out and waste money every now and then lol), when you've got lots of money to blow but the country music section is so terrible small sad

All You Need is Love smile

brilliant!

I'm the son of rage and love

ouch, james!! surely your best song yet.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat